Patrick Imagine: Helpless Pt. 4

*Five Years Later*

"And you're sure you absolutely can't come? Its my parents, Patrick." You pleaded to your husband. 

"American Beauty/American Psycho has got to be great (Y/N). It's the second album after the hiatus was over." Patrick sighed, hair disheveled. You pouted, and bit your bottom lip.

"We won't be gone for long; only two weeks." You promised. Patrick smiled tiredly, and kissed you lazily.

"Go, and tell your parents I say hi." He said. You smiled softly before looking towards the stairs.

"Kids! Come and say goodbye to daddy!" You called. Diana ran down first, followed by Declan taking his time down the steps. Five year old Diana launched herself onto Patrick's neck, burying her face in his chest.

"Bye daddy." She said, muffled by Patrick's shirt.

"Bye sweetheart, be good." Patrick replied, kissing the top of Diana's head. Three year old Declan walked over to Patrick, grabbing onto his leg.

"Bye daddy." Declan said softly. Patrick smiled, and pulled his son on his lap.

"Bye buddy. I'll see you in two weeks." He said, kissing Declan's cheek. You smiled and grabbed your children's hands.

"Come on guys." You said, looking at Patrick as he looked back down at the blank sheet of paper. You only wished he paid all that attention to you...

*One week later*

Patrick growled at the incomplete song that sat in front of him. One week since you and the kids have left and the album wasn't even half completed. He walked to the kitchen, with the intents of pouring yet another cup of coffee, when the doorbell rang. Patrick walked to the door and saw a girl with red hair and a white dress standing at the doorstep.

"Are you okay?" Patrick asked.

"Well...um...no not really. I-I was walking down this way and I saw the lights on in your window. I don't have anywhere else to go." The girl sniffled. Patrick looked around and stepped out of the house, standing in front of the girl.

"What seems to be the problem?" Patrick frowned.

"My husband...he's just...he's despicable. I can't even find it in myself to go back to him after all the things he's done to me." The girl sobbed.

"What's your name?" 

"Skylar." 

"Do you have anywhere to stay?" 

"There's an old apartment my friend has, but its a bit far, and I don't wanna walk by myself at night."

"...I'll walk you. I need to clear my head anyway." Patrick walked to the apartment with Skylar walking next to him. When they finally arrived at the apartment, Patrick, walked inside with her. He dug in his pocket fishing out a $50 bill.

"This is all the money I have on me. Here." He said. Skylar smiled, taking the money, her hand lingering a little too long with Patrick's. Patrick pulled back his hand, and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I should get home now." He said. Skylar fell back onto her bed, spreading her legs.

"Stay?" She suggested. Patrick smiled nervously, scanning over the girls body, while he tried to think of a way to say no to this. He never finds that way as his lips are attached to Skylar's, descending onto the bed.

*One Month Later*

Patrick was sitting in the living room, his children playing on the floor in front of him. He smiles, trying to push away the guilt of what happened two weeks prior. Then he hears the TV. 

"Patrick Stump had an affair, leaving him with a pregnant mistress." The woman on E! News reports, making Patrick's mouth drop.

"You had a what?" Your soft voice is heard from behind Patrick. You are standing, hurt written across your face, with a magazine reading the similar news.

"(Y/N), please..." Patrick begged standing up. He attempted to walk over to you, but instead you raise a hand.

"No." You say quickly, your chest rapidly rising. 

"I didn't mean for it to happen. She said she needed help. Her husband was a jerk." He rambles, hoping to dig himself out of this hole.

"And apparently so is mine. You promised. We made vows! You said...you said I'd never feel helpless." You sniffled.

"(Y/N)-"

"Everyone was right; I married too soon. I gave you two beautiful children. I was prepared to give you everything you wanted, because you promised the same to me. Turns out you couldn't even give yourself to me. I thought you were mine."

"Please-"

"You made me fall in love with you, just to drop me even further into this wretched pit of despair! Now the whole learns about this affair at the same time I do. The world has no right to my heart, and now, neither do you!"

"But the children-"

"Will stay with me. You forfeit the rights to my heart and you forfeit the place in our bed! You can go and stay with your mistress."

"Please don't do this."

"I'm erasing myself from your life Patrick. I never was (Y/N) Stumph. Let the world wonder how I reacted when you broke my heart. Just so you know, it's right here in front of me, burning." You wiped your eyes and walked past Patrick, picking up Diana and Declan.

"Where are we going mama?" Declan asked.

"And why are you crying?" Diana frowned.

"We're going to stay with Uncle Brendon and Aunt Sarah for a while. They'll come by later to get our things." You sniffled.

"And what about daddy?" Diana asked, oblivious to what her father had done.

"He has to stay here." You said, walking out of the house. Patrick watched as you left out of his life. 

Now his only meetings with you take place on the weekends when he picks up and drops off the children as you get them weekdays. They only last for a short minute. It's not enough and Patrick knows he's the one who is left helpless, living without the true love of his life.

End.

A/N: This imagine followed the songs "Say No To This" and "Burn"