My Lass - Montgomery Scott

"Scotty! I SWEAR, heads are going to roll!"

Scotty was not exactly expecting you to come into his room until later that night for your movie night. Let alone yelling in rage. He put down an engine compressor component and stepped forward, wrapping you in his arms. When a man doesn't know exactly what is going on, hug the woman. They like hugs, especially from a strong Scotsman like himself.

You instantly melted into his hold, loving the warmth he gave off. Your head fits perfectly under his chin and you always loved it when he would squeeze you just a bit tighter. You let out a content moan, causing your Scotsman to laugh and pull away just slightly.

You look up at Scotty and drink in his laughing eyes and the sound of his rich accent as he whispered to you. "What is wrong Lassie?" His breath caused a few hairs to move that have fallen from your ponytail. You close your eyes and lean your head against his chest, mumbling your words just a bit.

"Scotty, I don't know how that Vulcan is not already six feet under." New unbridled anger caused you to pull away and flop pitifully on his bed, not minding it when Scotty sat down next to you, running his finger up and down your back. "I try so hard to impress him and show him that I am better than the other science officers, but to no avail!" You throw your arms up in frustration, grabbing the nearest pillow and screaming into it.

Scotty's eyes go wide and he does his best to hide a chuckle, but it reverberates through the bed and you smack him blindly on the leg. "Oi! You know I find you absolutely adorable when you are angry." He jumps and lightly smacks you back.

You sit up and try to stay upset as you throw your pillow at him. "And you know I absolutely hate it when you tell me that. It makes it quite difficult to stay angry." You laugh a bit at the end.

You look at him and let a smile take over your face. How did you become so lucky to be so close to such an amazing man? You could be ready to set fire to every person you met, but he could calm you down in seconds just by merely standing next to you.

Scotty smiles too, cocking his head to the side a bit. "What are you thinking about Lass?" You loved it when he called you that, it gives you goosebumps every time.

"I'm just thinking...of you." An unwarranted blush crept up your neck and covered your ears and cheeks, making it near impossible to keep it away from his observant eyes. He scooted closer, grabbing your hand and placing a sweet and gentle kiss on your fingers tightly grasped in his large and calloused hands. You lean into his side and let him rub your arm up and down.

"How sweet of you Lass. It so happens that I am thinking of you too. How about we put Spock out of your mind and get that movie started, hmm?" He whispered in your ear, making it hard to not shiver in contentment. But, fatigue hit you hard so all you could muster was a nod and a quiet hum.

Scotty took that as a yes and gently pick you up and place you in the middle of his bed, covering you with your favorite fuzzy blanket of his. You snuggled right in and let him do the work. Not that he was complaining. He kissed you lightly on the forehead and told you he was going to request the movie and be back with tea for you and a strong drink for himself, placing them on a bedside table.

As you got yourself comfortable, Scotty made a point to find something that he had been saving for a special occasion. But seeing you in the state you were in and how endearing you looked, he just felt it would be an appropriate time to bring it up.

You jerk awake as you feel a warm form curl up around you on the bed. The smell of motor oil and scotch surrounded you. If only you could bottle up this smell and keep it forever.

"Sorry Lass. Did I wake you?" He pulled you closer as you nestled into him, taking in a deep breath, smiling big.

"Nah, you're good. Just a power nap. Did the film transfer alright?" You totally forgot what movie you two planned on watching, but at this point you didn't care, as long as you were in his arms, you were happy.

"Oh good," he kissed your forehead lightly, a waft of scotch reaching your nose, "yes, I believe it did. Lord of the Rings, correct?" He turned off the lights and switched on the viewing screen across his bed.

"Fantastic! It has been too long since I have seen that film last. You understand we are going to have to watch all three? You did pick the extended edition right?" You sat up a bit and took his face in your hands, making him look at you. This is detrimental to your relationship.

"Yes, yes, lassie!" He chuckled and kissed your nose. You scrunched it and kissed his back, laying down again.

"Good."

Scotty looked down at you and smiled, fingering the object in his pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My friends, you bow to no one."

Tears fell down your face as you clutched to your man. He patted your back and dried his own tears. It's almost time.

You scooted closer to Scotty as you watched your favorite four hobbits celebrate the marriage of Sam and Rosie, when the screen froze. Shooting up, you accidently hit Scotty in the face with your hand as you flung them to the side in confusion.

"What?! This is one of my favorite parts!" You slump back in frustration, but instantly felt the absence of your cuddle buddy. You hear a throat clearing and you turned to look back at the screen.

There he was, Scotty in all his Scottish glory. Kilt and all. You covered your mouth and started to laugh. What is he doing? He steps forward and takes one of your hands. You look at him questioningly, but let him go on.

"Lass, I'm no good with words, you know that. So let me get to it." He pulled something from his kilt pocket and nodded his head to the frozen picture of Rosie and Sam kissing, flowers and happy hobbits littering the screen. "How about it (Y/n)? Will ya be mine?"

Then it clicked. No. Freaking. Way. You look him in the eyes and look back at the screen. Be his? You'd be daft to not say yes. He's in a kilt for heaven's sake!

You felt a slight pressure on your hand and you looked back at him. He was looking up at you as he was kissing your fingers. Then you remembered you had to audibly accept. But you did something better.

You flung yourself off the bed and onto him, covering his face with sweet and loving kisses, tears freely falling, your giggles gracing his ears. He hugged you tight and thanked you over and over, for making him the happiest man alive.

After a few moments on the floor holding each other, Scotty pulled away and grabbed your left hand. Gingerly and with proud, shaking hands, he slipped a modest gold diamonded ring on your finger. You could not stop staring. You then looked away when he grabbed your face softly, turning you to face him. His eyes sparkled with unshed tears and his smile looked brighter than the passing stars.

"I love you (Y/n). My own little lassie." He whispered and then crashed his lips to yours. You smiled into the kiss, pulling him closer and loving the feeling of your ringed hand running through his hair.

You pulled away and whispered back. "And I love you, my stupidly romantic Scotsman." He let out a happy laugh and picked you up and placed you on the bed again, laying down beside you.

After a few more sweet kisses and happy words, Scotty started the movie again, holding you closer and playing with the new ring on your finger. It took a long while before your smile wavered just the slightest.

Here you go FaithLinn

I hope it was alright!

Keep the requests coming! I'm quite at my leisure