Déjà vu- Scotty (part two)

Yeah yeah yeah, hate me all you want but I had this finished already. I'll get you that other second part soon. Enjoy this one in the mean time ;)

Your slippers made quiet slapping sounds as you walked through the massive engine room that called your name. It has been eighteen days since you were saved by the Enterprise crew and you have yet to remember how you ended up in an escape pod in the first place.

Mr. Scott has been extremely kind, taking it upon himself to see to your well-being. Though you would tell him time and time again that it wasn't necessary, he insisted. Not that you had an issue with him checking in on you. In fact, you found yourself gravitating toward him, yearning to be near him whenever the two of you were apart.

It wasn't until your third night that you would wake up in the middle of the night, or whatever they call night, itching to walk around. Namely in the engine room. You couldn't put your finger on why you wanted to be there but it just felt right.

So there you were, trapesing round machinery in your slippers and night clothes, a thin shawl wrapped round your shoulders. You ran your hand along a wall of pipes, the metal cold under your fingertips. You looked around, marveling at the sheer awesomeness of the place. Somehow you felt almost connected to the place. You rounded one of the corners and stopped in your tracks.

You were in a new part of the engine room, deeper and colder than the rest of the places you have explored. But that wasn't what made you pause. It was the obviously drunk man purring himself a glass of amber liquid, mumbling to himself about something.

You were about to sneak backward and away, leaving him to his thoughts but your leg hit a metal rod. If the ding the reverberated through the place not alert him to your presence then your cry of pain did the trick. You hobbled on one foot as you bit your lip, cursing your stupidly clumsy self. You watched as Mr. Scott slowly turned, holding the now empty drink bottle up like a weapon.

"You best stop right there. I'm armed and dangerous," he slurred.

You let out a small laugh, carefully walking up to him. You placed your hand on his, lowering it to the desk in front of him.

"And very drunk. I'm quaking in my boots." You gave him a small smile.

Scotty blinked, looking down at your slippered feet then back you at your face. "You're not wearing any boots." He almost sounded offended.

You sat next to him, drawing our shawl tighter around you as you glanced at your feet. "That's the point genius." You sat back, shivering slightly. Your foot still ached but you tried not to show it.

Scotty sobered, as best he could, once he caught your shiver of cold and wince of pain. "Are you alright, lass?"

"No better than you will be in the morning."

Scotty chuckled and stood, extending his hand to you. "if that's the case, then we have to get you to your room to lay down." You took his hand, standing with a wobble. "You look a wee chilly. What were you thinking, walking around down here with that sad excuse of a wrap?" Scotty reached up and fingered the thick fabric, his hand brushing your shoulder.

Goosebumps raced up your arm and warmth traveled up your neck to your cheeks. You looked away as if interested in something in the piping. You felt his eyes on you, compelling you to give him some sort of answer.

Your voice was quiet, almost like you were ashamed. "That's the thing, I don't know what I'm doing down here exactly. I wasn't exactly thinking. It just felt...right."

Scotty nodded, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked behind you at the reactor. "She does have that effect on people. At least with me." He let out a hiccup, making you laugh. "Ah. What am I saying. Come on, lass, I didn't pull you out of that sealed pod for you to freeze on me."