Stay- Spock

coraline34-This one was a wee bit harder for me to work with but I hope you get the idea, hahaha- Enjoy!

Spock sent his mother a kind smile as you stood to grab another bowl of potatoes from the kitchen. Amanda smiled wide in return, throwing her eyes up at your back and then winking at Spock. She leaned forward and lifted her fork to hide her mouth as if it would quiet her loud whispers.

"I told you she would come! The two of you would make such a great couple."

Spock opened his mouth to quiet his mother from your prying ears but you had already returned, giving Amanda a questioning look. "Who would make a great couple?"

But before Amanda could get anything out of her smirking mouth, Spock stood and took the potatoes from your hands and set them on the table. You shrugged at the situation and sat down, though you noticed a slight green hint of a blush on the young Vulcan's cheeks.

From across the table, Sarek was growing tired, though he was enjoying his last big meal with his son, he just needed some rest. Plus, the old Vulcan didn't like hearing the idea of his only son pairing off with you; he knew you would be a distraction for Spock and he does not need to worry about finding a spouse anytime soon.

If you had heard what Sarek was thinking you would have agreed, 'about not being ready' part. You watched as he stood and raised his glass, ready to give Spock a little farewell speech. You started to choke up when it hit you how real this was. Your best friend and longtime crush was leaving you to fight space slugs and babysit a blond hair captain. Tears welled in your eyes as you thought off all the days you would no longer get to spend with him. Instead of sitting on a blanket outside and staring up at the stars and pointing out the names and constellations; Spock was a really going there. To the vast expanse of space.

Your breath hitched and suddenly it became hard to breath normally and your voice felt shaky as your eyes began to swim. With not so much as a glance at the older couple and your dear friend, you left the room. Spock watched with a slightly worried expression. Once his father finished saying his little speech, Spock stood up from the table and joined you in the kitchen. You were absentmindedly cleaning dishes, something Spock saw as a sign of your uncharity, doubt and sometimes anger. With your back turned to him, he reached out and took your elbow as he came to stand next to you. He gently held onto you, pulling you a little closer to him.

"Is there something preoccupying your thoughts to pull you away from finishing supper?"

His voice dripped with concern and your heart warmed. You stopped what you were doing and turned, his hand never pulling away.

"I could stand seeing you leave for long periods of time in the past because I knew where you were and when you would be back. But now-" you didn't finish your sentence.

Spock contemplated for a moment. He moved to take you small arms, holding you still but securely. "Come join us for dessert. It would best be wise to spend as much time together as we can." He searched your face with his deep brown eyes. "Please," he whispered.

His sweet and gentle voice made you hiccup and wipe at your eyes. You shook your head as you tried to turn away. "No. I-I can't. Go spend time with your parents. Let's hope we see each other again soon." You dared not cry in front of him, but it was too late.

Spock reluctantly let you go, his heart dropping with every tear that fell onto your cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stood beside Spock, your heart almost bursting out of your chest. After settling on New Vulcan and being pressured into speaking alone with Spock by his ever-attentive mother, you both stood on a ridge looking over the valley that will hold the growing Vulcan community.