Check up-McCoy

This was requested by the kind CaseyBrasher5! I hope this is to your liking!

You hummed to a song in your head as you tinkered with a small piece of circuit board under a heat ventilator in engineering. You could hear Scotty shouting orders to various people, Keenser mostly. You snickered as you heard him swear after he dropped something heavy sounding on his foot.

"(Y/N)!"

You rolled your eyes at his exclamation of your name. You scooted out from under the vent and wiped your brow, navigating your way through the numerous walkways to the source of his yelling. You hold back a laugh as you see Scotty pinned to the ground by a poorly placed air conditioner on his lap. He looked up at you, wincing slightly, but he let out a chuckle.

"Now don't say a word to Chekov. I know he told me to not move it myself but it has been bothering me just leaving it here where anyone could trip over it."

You squatted and, with his help, lifted the conditioner off his lap and onto the ground next to him. "And by anyone you mean yourself."

"You'd be surprised how many people don't pay attention to where they are going."

"Hmmm," you hummed as you brushed your hands off on your dress, "I'd like to see the security footage on that. Are you and your posterity alright? Do you need me to carry you to sickbay?"

Scotty scoffed, waving his hand in the air as he looked at a screen on the wall. "Aye, I'm fine. And no, I don't need you to take me to sickbay but the Doctor has requested you to come fix a humidifier."

You groaned, rolling your eyes, though you really didn't mind. "Looks like you aren't the only clumsy one today." You salute to him, hurrying off with your supply bag. "I'll stay late to finish my shift."

Again, he didn't look at you as he waved you off.

You glided through the med-bay doors, the smell of antiseptic and sterilizer greeting you. As well as a seemingly bashful doctor and a smoking humidifier.

You clicked your tongue as you set your tools on the table next to the device, the doctor standing next to you with his arms folded. "My goodness, Doctor. If I didn't know any better, I would think you were breaking things just to get me up here." You send him a coy smile.

McCoy grunted, doing a poor job of keeping down his blush. "Hey, it's not my fault the medical department is the last to get it upgrades. It's like Starfleet thinks I can heal people with the touch of my hand."

You smirk as you looked over the device. "Well, some women just might think so."

McCoy grunted again. "And this is only the second time today," he practically whispered as you felt him lean in a bit closer as if he was ashamed if anyone overheard.

You let out a small laugh, turning to him with a hand on your hip. "The second time today, the fourth time this week and the twelveth time the past two weeks." You leaned in a bit closer to him, your noses nearly touching. "I'd say someone has a crush on the mechanic." You held his gaze then winked.

That brought a full, cherry red blush from the stoic doctor, earning him a hearty laugh from you. McCoy let out another grunt, bumping you with his arm as he stomped past you. "Don't hold your breath."

You let him leave, your arm tingling where he bumped you as you tried to steady your breathing. You didn't think getting that close to him would affect you so much, but you found yourself practically gasping for air. Good thing you were working on that humidifier.