Love Story- Spock

Another Song-Fic! Hahaha, apparently I do alright with these. This one will be a bit different, kinda like an AU set in the 1800's. Kinda like the song. Hope you like it! coraline34

You smiled to yourself as you rested your gloved hands in your lap, your lavish white dress rustling with your movement. Your father stood not too far away talking with the yellow coated captain of his exploration flagship, Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise. You thought it would be too much trouble and work to host a three-week house party for the naval officers, but you were finding it to be quite amusing. The throngs of beautifully dressed people and lovely music could only lift your spirits and give you encouragement.

As the admiral's daughter, your father wished for you to be a part of everything at the house party and to interact with all the officers. But the one thing you wished to do you were to never be allowed to even think about; joining them on their five-year voyage around the world. You were patiently waiting to speak with the first woman officer, Lady Lieutenant Nyota Uhura, in hopes of learning how to become a naval officer yourself.

You had been secretly training yourself to the best of your ability while your father remained oblivious. You read books from ship stations to what to do if you were captured by rogue Klingons. You stayed up late practicing combat in the gardens and sword fighting behind the stables. You rode your horse every day in the most unladylike manner, fast and not sidesaddle. You even practiced dressing like a man in case you needed to sneak your way in. Though you hoped it wouldn't come to that.

You glanced up in hopes of spying the Lady Lieutenant's vibrant red dress but your eyes never made it past a pair of eyes staring at you from a balcony doorway. They were a deep brown, warm and inviting yet critical and calculating. The man they belonged to you had only dreamt of meeting again. Commander Spock stood before you in his blue uniform, his hands clasped behind him, his dark hair expertly placed save for a single strand by his temple. A head rose to your cheeks as you looked away.

You had met the Commander one other time and you were sure he too thought of it as your gaze met. As it happens it hard to forget to see a woman in nothing but her stays and undergarments as she clumsily decapitated a straw dummy. But thankfully, he said nothing of it as he visited for a few days before being reassigned. He was kind and seemed to enjoy your company, before and after what he witnessed.

It was three years ago but it burned in your memory like yesterday. Thankfully, your skills with the sword have improved since then but you weren't about to prove that to him, though internally you wished to show him your improvements. Only if it were to help you join them would you reenact that moment.

Once you were sure your blush was gone, you glanced back up relieved to find him now talking to your father. A flash of red caught your eye and you stood, hurrying over to the Lieutenant hoping to use her as a distraction from your memory. She smiled at you when you approached her, a knowing look passing over her face, disappearing just as fast as it appeared.

In hushed tones, you confided in her with much urgency your wish to be like her and join the fleet. Her smile grew and she looked behind you. You followed her gaze to your father and the Commander talking just a few paces away. Your father caught your eye and frowned, making your heart drop in confusion. But Uhura's voice brought you back to the mission at hand.

"I suggest you speak with Commander Spock. He helped me when I joined." You must have shown the dismay you felt at his name and she gave you a sweet smile. "Fear not. We are in no way involved. Well, not any longer. "

You opened your mouth to correct her assumption at your dismay but she shook her head kindly as she nudged you in the Commander's direction. A new song was starting and before you could say 'row me back' the man in conversation stood before you, his hand awaiting yours.