Nicknames- Scotty

pokeharvest here ya go! I kinda changed it up a bit if you don't mind :P

"Scotty, my dear, I am having trouble fixing something. Would you mind leaving little Betty here and helping a wee girl out?" You patted the processor he was working on then batted your eyelashes.

Scotty looked up from his work, giving you a look you were all too familiar with. "And 'who' is it you are trying to fix this time?"

You gave him a sweet grin. "This time it's Matthew." You toss your hands up in the air and start to walk off, assuming he was following. "This is the third time he has acted up when I have been running diagnostics. I am at my wit's end."

Scotty scratched the back of his neck, letting out a breath of air as he looked around warily as you stopped in front of an energy filter. "I have come to think you have hit that end a long time ago," he whispered.

You rolled your eyes and smacked his arm. "Don't think for a second that I didn't hear that. Now, let's fix Matthew once and for all." you turned to look at the energy filter, pointing out what was wrong with it. 

It took a while but Scotty was able to find out what was causing the energy filter, "Matthew", to act out and you acted like he saved a friend of yours. For the life of him, Scotty could not figure out why you act so strange, naming random pieces of the ship. For the first while, it bothered him but as time went on he found it entertaining, in an odd way.

Subconsciously, Scotty learned all the names you were giving the different parts of the ship, there wasn't much else for him to do about it. But as it turns out it may be more helpful than he would have ever thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During one of your shifts, you were replacing a couple of small power couplings when the ship suddenly jerked. You looked at a wall screen to see what had happened.

"Oh, some on Annie and Clarabell!" You moaned as you made your way to the nacelles. "Scotty is not going to be happy you are acting up. Again."

You rushed through the halls as the lit up with red light accompanied by the blare of alarms. Crewmembers passed you or moved to the side when you called for them to move. The ship jerked again.  You fell against a wall with an 'ooaf' but you found yourself being helped to stand.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Scotty's voice sounded worried and rushed.

You looked at him and nodded. "Look I'm sorry Annie and Clarabell are acting up again, but I think it's because of something else."

Scotty nodded, taking your hand in his as the two of you rushed to the main engineering room. "You are right about that." He looked at you before he glanced around him. "We have been boarded. The Captain asked for you and me to keep the engine room running."

The two of you enter the room and start directing people places. You turn to Scotty and point to an energy compressor that was smoking.

"It looks like Martha is part of the problem."

"And so is Charles." Scotty pointed in the opposite direction at another energy compressor.

You suppressed a giddy feeling at him accepting and using the names. "Right. You work on Charles and I'll work on Martha."

Scotty nodded but before you parted ways the ship shook and he grasped onto you as you held on to him. You look around and gasp when you see a group of well-armored men run into the engine room. You look up at Scotty with worry but he had spotted them as well.