Cold Shoulder - Spock

You hissed as you shook your hand, stepping away from the heavy crate of testing tools you just dropped on your fingers. You rubbed them to get the pain to leave while you looked around the science testing center for the only person who got on your nerves. You are a pretty chill person, it took a lot to make you upset let alone dislike someone. But Spock sure knew how to press your buttons.

You spied him over at a desk looking at some files that Scotty needed him to approve. He and Jaylah wanted to work on creating her reflective shield on a grander scale and that meant sectioning off a small part of the ship for them to mess with. And it was really bothering the Vulcan. You could tell. His shoulders were slack and his back bent over the desk. His hair was a bit mussed, making your heart betray you with a sudden urged to walk over and fix it. Instead, you walked over to him, crossing your arm as you leaned against his desk.

"Has the Scotsman added another request to his experiment?"

Spock jumped. Your eyes widened as a hint of green brushed over his cheeks and ear tips as he looked up at you. He swallowed and glanced away before meeting your gaze.

"Indeed. It seems as though he wishes to test the devices against extreme temperatures as well. " He returned his gaze to the files as if dismissing you.

You chewed on the inside of your cheek. "I guess I can see how that would cause some issues. Is there anything I can do to help?"

He may bother you, but you weren't going to be rude. Alas, he seemed to not like your offer. He placed a hand in his lap but not before you saw him clench his fist. Your heart dropped and your face felt red.

"No, I believe it would be best if you found another unsuspecting officer to talk to. There is nothing you can do that I cannot do myself." He glanced up at you but only for a moment before looking back down.

Did he not hear me pinch my fingers earlier? You thought as you refrained from rolling your eyes.

They still throbbed slightly. You pushed off the table and cleared your throat. "Forgive me for the interruption." You turned and left him. You paused and turned on your heel, pointing to the box you brought in earlier. "The crate of supplies you need are here."

Spock internally winced at the sound of your heels clicking angrily down the hall after leaving. He stood and caught his reflection in a darkened interface screen and about rolled his eyes. Fixing his hair, Spock walked over to the box of supplies you brought and sifted through them. He couldn't get the look your face made at his reply out of his head. He wasn't quite sure what brought him to be so sharp with you but he almost couldn't help it. Perhaps if you hadn't surprised him so suddenly or warn your hair like you did then maybe his heart would not have gone wild at your presence.

Spock paused in his contemplation when he realized something was missing from the box. Squaring his shoulders, he picked up the list of supplies that accompanied the box and strode out of the room to go find the missing object. Spock paused at the door and turned to pick up Scotty's request file. Without a moment more of contemplation, he accepted Scotty's request and mentally hoped he made the right decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You huffed as you tried to get Spock out of your mind. That arrogant, stuck up, unfeeling, attractive man. Who are you kidding, he isn't a man, he's a Vulcan. You rolled your eyes. Why do the attractive ones alway shave to be jerks? You turned down a hallway that seemed eerily quiet. Be that as it may, you were lost in your mind and pressed forward, despite the lack of foot traffic and the apparent signs of renovation. Without a current task, you found yourself enjoying lone walks in the hall to clear your mind of the one lead science officer who seemed to stay there.