Cherish- McCoy

just_another_trekkie-Oh my gosh I teared up a bit...Thank you for the request!

The Enterprise shook as it took another hit but this time part of the hull flaked off. You keep a hand on your stomach as you worked with your other hand to keep the ship evenly protected. You turned to the Captian, wincing.

"Sheilds are at 14%, sir. Another hit and we're in big trouble."

Kirk nodded. "Move all shields aft. Focus all fire to the front. Any luck with those torpedoes yet Scotty?"

"No sir, they are still offline. But I have one more trick up my sleeve."

Kirk winced then turned to Sulu. "Get us out of here. Find the nearest asteroid field. I have a plan."

Bones stepped out of the turbo and was grabbed by Kirk as the Captian headed into the lift. "What is going on Jim?"

"I have a plan and I need you."

Bones sneered. "Of course you do. And right when I was about to tell my wife to get to safety too."

Jim opened his mouth but the ship suddenly shook. It was a bad one. The turbo lift hadn't gone anywhere, so the two men burst onto the Bridge, looking around to assess the damage. A few consoles were sparking and a couple people were thrown to the ground. You being one of them. Bones ran to you, helping you up as you winced.

"(Y/N)! Are you alright?"

You held on to Leonard as he helped you stand. "I think so."

He kissed your forehead and placed a hand on your stomach. "And the baby? Anything feel wrong?"

You placed your hand over his. "No, I think she's fine." You gave him a small smile as you leaned into his arms. "Though I don't think this fight is going in our favor."

Kirk piped up. "Don't give up on us yet Mrs. McCoy. Now Scotty!"

Torpedoes rained down on the Klingon ships as Sulu got the ship ready for warp. You held onto your husband as the whole ship took a collective breath and sigh of relief as the Klingons were incapacitated and the Enterprise was out of danger.

Everyone let out a yell of celebration. Kirk grinned, patting Sulu's shoulder. "good job pilot. You read my mind."

Sulu grinned. "Just doing my duty sir."

Scotty's voice interrupted. "I assume it worked, sir."

Kirk nodded. "You assumed correctly. Thank your for your quick action." He turned to everyone else. "Good job guys. Now let's get to a repair post safely."

Everyone chuckled nervously. You smiled slightly but suddenly that smile turned into a grimace of pain. You clutched your middle and let out a gasp.

"Leo..." You sagged into your husband, clutching your stomach with one hand as you grasped into his shirt with your other. "Some-something is wrong. Guuuhhh." You groaned.

Leonard held you as you both slowly came to the ground. You were breathing hard and sweat started to fall. He didn't know what to do, he held you close and made sure you were still breathing. But you were losing consciousness and a fever was forming. Kirk called for help as he saw his friends struggling to make sense of the situation.

You felt your husband's hand stroke your cheek. "(Y/n)? (Y/N)!? Stay with me. Come on." He looked down at your stomach and his heart dropped.