Against Regulations- McCoy

This is dedicated to Skyler_Psych124 for her awesome conversations and her kindness to forgive my uncensored comments xD

"Oh come on Bones, it's not going to be all that bad. I paired you up with (Y/n)! I know how much you have wanted that to happen." Kirk slapped Bones on the shoulder as he left the transporter room.

Bones grunted and crossed his arms, getting a feel for the alien planet's civilian garb. "Well, when you put it that way I suppose I should be jumping for joy."

You practically skipped into the transporter room, punching Bones on the arm a couple times, a big grin visible on your face. "Can you believe it? My first away mission since that stupid Xindi distress signal scam. Though Captain promised that this is just a check up on their colonization checkpoints." You started making sure your clothing was on right and that Bones was presentable. "Plus he said I'll be safe with you. How sweet is that?"

Bones rolled his eyes but not before he caught your smirk as he let you mess with his shirt and jacket. "The only reason you are coming along is so our medical checkups go twice as fast. Nothing exactly sweet about being beamed into a million little pieces."

You laugh and pat his cheek. "I can hold your hand if you want me too."

"Not if you want to be fused together."

"I don't see anything wrong with that."

"I do. I like to keep things where they are, thank you very much."

You laugh loudly, causing Bones to smile just a bit. Scotty soon bounded in, apologizing for being late. Something about Jaylah blasting music throughout the engine room and having to chase her down to turn it off.

You and Bones shared a look as the two of you stepped onto the beaming pad. "That must have been so inconvenient, especially since you had to run BEHIND her and all." You try your best to keep a straight face, but Bones snickered next to you causing you to smack him on the leg.

"Ay, it was a wee bit frustrating but it sure was a laugh for the crew. Not to mention a great view of, hey now! I'll have you know I only have the highest of respect for the Lass."

"Is that what the kids are calling it these days, respect?" Bones asked, a smirk pulling at his lips and an eyebrow raised.

"OI!"

"Beam us down Scotty." You laugh lightly, enjoying the fact that Bones was playing along.

"Right. You're going to need to walk a few minutes to get there. Remember your personas and your goal. Regulations (Y/n)!"

Before you could retort back, you were no longer looking at the inside of the Enterprise but the rock wall of a cavern. You look to your right and notice Bones already looking at you. You give him a small smile and he reciprocates. You punch him lightly on the arm and nod in the direction of the growing town.

"This way sir, we have patients to see to. I would hate for them to need to wait any longer on your grouchy old self." You wink as you lead the way to the new civilization, making sure to keep your advanced medical tools hidden.

Leonard shook his head slightly but didn't get rid on his growing smile yet. The captain was right; he had been dying to go on an away mission with you since the time you got hurt by the Xindi in their lame attempt at commandeering the Enterprise. You got hurt and he promised himself that he will make sure that didn't happen again. Though you knew how to take care of yourself, you also being security officer previous to your medical officer position now, he has suddenly grown protective of you. You have been stationed on the Enterprise for almost six months now, but the two of you have gotten along so well that it has felt a lot longer than that.