Monster- Khan

I do hope you found this to your liking -SarayaStrange, thank you so much for the request!

Honestly, guys, the only reason some of these requests took so long for me to get to is because of my upcoming trip. I promise to get them done before I go--thanks for your patience!

You placed a hand on your heart as you hid behind a large metal panel, hiding you from the lead weapons science officer that often came to check on the Enterprise's weaponry and such. Or at least that's what you assumed he was there for. You have worked on the Enterprise for years but you never cared much for any of the men around you. Until Khan came around. Suddenly you became quite self-aware.

It was interesting enough, your race, having enhanced abilities and being seen as a higher species to then suddenly be given a ship all to your own. The leading ship of Starfleet full of genetically stronger humans quickly became known as the most feared crew in space. Even the Klingons learned to keep their distance. And yet, despite the apparent advantages and privileges you and your people could exploit, the Enterprise crew stayed humble and well behaved, something Starfleet greatly appreciated.

That being as it was, the Enterprise was always sent on dubious missions, tasked with things only people of your skill could withstand and accomplish. You were an engineer and found great pride in being in the belly of the Belle, making her tick and watching her come to life in battle and while exploring. Everything was relatively peaceful for a time. But then came the news of a newcomer, every much like the rest of you. But the poor man was tested on, therefore immensely powerful due to the head start his genes already gave him.

Khan didn't like the idea of being thrown into a ship full of his kin. He would be ostracized immediately once news of his past got around. For months he despised his job but he found one good thing among it all.

You.

Khan never thought himself shy. He was always the loud one, showing off and hiding his fears and insecurities being sneers and laughter. That is until he saw you. Now he made embarrassingly large amounts of visits to the engine room for no reason other than to see you, if not be in the same area as you.

Since his test,s he had gotten waves of anger and sudden urges to become violent. He hated that part about him. Before he was caught and Starfleet saved him, he prided himself on being level headed and sincere when he needed to be. He had a mother at one point and she never neglected to teach him how to behave.

Now he looked for any and all reasons to be an utter jerk to others. It saved him the pain of attachments and the fear of hurting anyone close to him. He can't hurt anyone if there are no loved ones to hurt. But you made him feel calm and collected, even if you didn't know he existed.

Or so he thought.

The both of you were ignorant to the other's feelings for each other so it took an agonizingly long time for anything to come of it. As it turned out, it was his past and your voice that ended up bringing the two of you together, but not in a way either of you expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been almost a year since Khan's arrival and you were pleased to see he was starting to make a few friends. You also took note of the looks he would give you and the feel of his gaze on you as you worked or passed him in the hall. Before, when he was first new, you entertained the idea to step up first and offer to be his friend. But now, judging by the girls that hung on his every word and followed him around like puppies, your presence would be more of a nuisance than a help.