Comfort- Kirk

You stood with Spock as he checked with the new Enterprise assignments, everyone rushing around after the sudden attack on the high commanding officers. You took deep breaths as you tried not to think about those that were hurt and dead. But what troubled you the most was Kirk. Jim was there and saw the death of Pike, his closest father figure. You sniffed as you tried to blink back unshed tears at the devastation evident on his face when he rushed by you in one of the meeting halls.

You felt a soft tap on your arm and your name being called. "Lieutenant? Is it safe to assume that you are not cognitively here?"

You looked up at him, pulling at the sleeves of your dress. "I fear you are right Commander."

Spock turns back to his PADD, checking off names and signing documents. "May I ask what is occupying your thoughts despite the need of your assistance with the Enterprise assignments?"

You let out a little laugh at his usual diction. "You know who I'm thinking about."

"The Captain will be recover. In time." Spock sends you a quick glance before you were sure he looked almost sorry. "But seeing as how you are visibly worried, I suggest you visit him. Report back to the ship along with him." With that, he gives you a slight bow and leaves.

You blink, nodding. "Thank you, sir," you whisper as you watch his retreating form. Without wasting another second, you quickly made your way to the building he was staying in. Various conversation starters flew through your head but it all left you as you spotted him sitting out on his balcony holding a bottle of something.

You rushed up to his floor and knocked on his door as loudly as you dared. You hear something fall to the floor and a quiet shout of pain. Your grimace changed to worry once the door opened and you were greeted by a red-eyed, messy haired, alcohol smelling man. Instantly your instincts kicked in. Without a word, you took the bottle out of his hand and tossed it in the sink. He grumbled and tried to push you away but he was starting to hiccup, fresh tears starting to fall.

"Shh, shh, shhhh. I got you. Let's get you changed. Go ahead and shower and I will clean up out here." You look him in his eyes and wiped his tears, running a hand through his hair. "Take deep breaths, we can talk when you are done."

He deftly nodded, patting your shoulder then stumbled into the bathroom. You hear the shower turn on and you let out a breath as you start to clean up around his room. You got out clean clothes for him, setting it on the bed, then moved to the balcony. You smiled at the alive natural flower pot that he doted over. You walked over to it, feeling the soft white peddles of the lily between your fingers. His mother sent it to him through you, but he scoffed saying he would kill them within a week. It's been three months and they look healthy.

You hear the glass door open and you turn around. Looking a bit better, especially with a smile on his face, Jim leaned against the frame. "So, I may have kept it for a bit longer than a week."

"You sure did." You smiled as you stepped up to him, placing your hands on his crossed arms. You look him in his blue eyes, your voice quieting. "Are you alright?"

He blinks hard, looking down and licking his lips. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." His voice cracked and he refused to look at you.

You cocked your head to the side, reaching up to move some slightly wet hair from his brow. "Come on, you need to get some rest."

"But the Enterprise-"

"Doesn't take off for another three days. They aren't done checking everything. And a good thing too, that way you can take some time to recuperate." You take his hands and guide him to his bed, sitting him down as you sat criss-cross next to him. "Now, are you hungry?"

He kept hold of your hands, rubbing his thumb gently over them in mindless circles. His eyes never broke away from yours, tears still threatening to fall. You stared right back at him, your lips twitching at a small smile. You scooted closer, your voice dropping.

"Hey, talk to me. What's going on in your head Jim?"

He finally looked down then glanced back up at you. "He-he-" but his voice gave out and he sobbed.

Without hesitation, you wrapped your arms around him, pulling him to you as he let out all his pain, sorrow, and fear. You rocked him gently, cooing kind words to him. Jim held you tighter, burying his face in your hair, his hands gripping your tightly. You then moved back some, taking his face in your hands. You look him in the eyes, hating how red they looked, but you smiled. Gently and slowly, you pulled him onto the bed with you, laying face to face.

Jim reached up, running his hands through your hair, he then closed his eyes as he pressed his forehead to yours. "Thank you," he whispered, his breath smelling of toothpaste.

You smiled as you closed your eyes too. "You are very welcome."

Jim peeked an eye open, smiling at how sweetly you laid there, peacefully and beautifully. What he did next he couldn't help and hoped you didn't mind. Softly he placed his lips on yours, kissing you gently. Your eyes opened wide, but they slowly closed when you found yourself willingly kissing him back.

Your insides warmed as he pulled you closer, his arms enveloping you as his legs tangled with yours. Your arms wrapped around him, your hands feeling how muscular he was. Suddenly you got worried, you were sure things were going somewhere when he pulled away, kissing your nose.

"Sorry." He looks at you with 'sorry, not sorry' eyes.

You bit your lip, giving him a shrug. "I'd appreciate not being a one night stand."

Jim moved to lean on his hand, propped up on his elbow so he leaned over you a bit. "I would never, ever, do that to you." He suddenly sounded so serious.

You let out a nervous laugh. "And what, you would to another girl?"

Jim rolled his eyes, flopping down on his back as he let out a breath. "I haven't actually don't that in a long while."

It was now your turn to prop up on your elbow, you sobered up. "Oh. I had no idea." You then leaned in, teasing him with how close you were to kissing him. "It must be so hard for you." You then wink and get up.

"Hey now! What happened to comforting me?" He pouted as he moved to sit at the edge of his bed.

You shrugged, leaning down to kiss his forehead. "I happen to have a job I need to finish and you, dear Captain, need to rest before you start leading a ship full of people." You smoothed his hair, looking at him dearly. "You have been through a lot lately. I think you need it."

Jim closed his eyes and nodded. "Yeah. Alright." He then stands, taking your face gently in his hands. "Would you at least do me the honor of having breakfast with me tomorrow?"

You smiled wide. "I would love to."

Jim looked down at your radiant face, marveling over the fact he hadn't noticed how beautiful you were all those years back when you went to the Academy with him. But he knows now he is going to pass this wonderful opportunity that has presented itself. You were about to ask him if he was alright when he planted another heart-stopping kiss on your lips. You smile into the kiss, not at all bothered that he may be a bit emotionally strung up, but ever so grateful he remembered to brush his teeth.

Hello, my beautiful and wonderful readers! I hope you are ready to read cuz I have lots in store! I will be updating once a week for each book but maybe more for this one. Thank you SOOOOOOO much for all the lovely attention and feedback I am getting. Keep it coming! I hope everyone's holidays had gone well and I hope to keep you all entertained! Kisses!