Please- Kirk

emcorn heavens this has been requested fOrEvEr ago and I am SO sorry. Life guys. Life. Hope it was worth the wait. (sorry it's on the long side-it broke my writers block) ENJOY!

You let out a frustrated sigh as you turned away from the alcoholic man who was relentless in wanting your number. You never really liked bars, they were too busy, smelly and superficial. You rolled your eyes before you turned back to the disgustingly close drunkard. 

"Oh come on baby, you won't be disappointed." He then burped

You repressed a gag. "Too late." You scooted away a bit. "Get lost man, I'm not interested."

You were tired and irritated. It wasn't even your idea to come here, you were just here to help out your roommate who left you the instant the two of you got there. You just didn't want to run into men like that creep. But one man, in particular, you wanted to stay clear of.

"You heard the lady. I suggest you back off there, charmer." Speak of the devil. James T. Kirk sat himself on the other side of the delusional drunk, turning to you with a look of admiration. "By the look on her face, I have a feeling I saved you from a world of hurt that I am sure she would have landed you in."

You gave him a confused face, shaking your head lightly as if saying; 'what is that supposed to mean?'

The drunk looked between Jim and yourself before he gave an exaggerated groan, his head rolling to his chest in adolescent defeat.

"Why do I always hit on the taken ones..."

You watched the drunk stumble off, thankful he was gone but you were caught up on what he meant. You turned back to your drink but found your thirst quenched the moment you felt Jim slide over next to you, him leaning in as he spoke.

"I actually do think you ould have handled yourself, I guess I just wanted an excuse to talk to you."

You rolled your eyes before you looked at him, your eyes narrowing. "What do you want Kirk?"

The blond's brows rose as he leaned back with his hands raised slightly in defense. "Whoa, what happened to a normal guy just wanting to talk to a normal girl? Even after doing a good deed."

You scoffed, tipping your glass as you watched the slowly melting ice slide around. "I can't remember the last time you just wanted to "talk" to a girl. Besides, like you said earlier, I can handle myself."

"There is always a first time. Very true, you can. But I thought girls liked being saved every now and then. Plus I still owe you one for the Tarren away trip. I honestly would have been in a lot more trouble without you."

You shook your head, not liking how you actually did like him coming over to help. Plus you were not in the mood to decipher if he was genuine or not. "If you don't mind, I'm going to go take a hot shower and sleep. I'll even do you a solid and forget we even talked. Your reputation will stay nice and...intact."

You didn't give him a moment to reply before you grabbed your stuff, paid and rushed off. Your head hurt and you wished more than anything that you had stayed at your place. Not only did seeing him there throw you off but the way he looked about sent your heart racing. There was no denying his attractive looks, but in street clothes you almost let yourself slip him a compliment.

Jim watched you leave, his mind reeling. He didn't think you would be one to brush him off so abruptly, especially after what the two of you had gone through. He understood where you were coming from considering his track record, but he had hoped you would at least give him a chance to redirect that track record.