You-Spock

Two Spocks in a row?! Nice ;) Here you go -DanielleBarnes, thank you for your request and I hope it was along the lines of what you were hoping for!

The deafening sound of your brother's snoring masked the sound of your little giggles escaping as you held a permanent marker in your hand, a practical relic, making cat-eye eyeliner on his closed lids. Jim was always a light sleeper so you took every moment that you could to prank him in his sleep after a particularly long day.

You had just finished with the faux liner when you heard familiar footfalls behind you. You turned around and gave Spock a look of playful urgency to come look at what you had done.

Tilting his head to the side slightly, his brow creased just a smidge, he stepped forward, leaning over above you, casting you in his shadow. He kept his hands clasped behind his back as he observed your handiwork.

"(Y/n), do you not find this elementary?" He kept his voice low and you scratched your arm to ward away goosebumps.

You feigned offense. "My art skills or my choice of free time activity?"

Spock looked down at you, a sharp brow raised. "Both."

You inched the pen close to his face as you closed your eyes to slits. "You don't need to be here if it's too "elementary" for you."

Spock kept his voice low as he reached over, gently clasping your wrist to move your pen-wielding hand to hover over Kirk's forehead. "Might I suggest you make one more altercation before we leave for him to wake up on his own."

Your heart raced at the Vulcan's touch and encouragement to continue. "And what might be your suggestion."

Spock looked you right in the eyes as a small smile pulled at the corner of his lips. "A set of his own "devil-smirking" eyebrows."

You about lost it right then and there. You smiled up at Spock as your words came out in hiccups. "You-you never cease to sur-surprise me!"

You quickly drew on some quite impressive and overly exaggerated Vulcan brows on your unsuspecting Captain. Once you finished you and Spock stepped back and admired your handiwork. Kirk twitched, letting out a snore as he itched his nose.

Spock took that as a cue to leave. He placed a hand on your back, effectively grabbing your attention. "Come. Dr. McCoy will be wondering as to where we ran off to. We were scheduled for a medical update when I found you."

His hand didn't leave your back as the two of you made your way to the Medbay, making it somewhat hard to concentrate on the small talk passing between you. Suddenly, the sound of someone letting out a frustrated yell followed by your name caused the both of you to hurry into the next turbo lift. A nervous laugh escaped you as you leaned against the lift, hugging your sides.

Spock merely looked at you, his eyes slightly crinkling with humor. "It is safe to say he saw your art."

You nodded, smiling wide. "I'm surprised I got that much on him without him waking up."

Soon the lift opened and the two of you made your way to the Medbay, your hands brushing against one another. You tried to not think about that or his hand on your back earlier but your mind couldn't help but jump to conclusions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spock rubbed his face in annoyance as he waiting in his quarters to have a much-needed talk with Nyota. The two of them had been growing distant lately and he could no longer ignore the attraction he felt for you. Despite your connection with the Captain, Spock found himself looking forward to times with you and putting a lot of stock into what you way. Especially about him.