Deliverance- Kirk (part two)

You winced as you felt pressure on your shoulder and leg, a searing pain shooting throughout your body. You heard voices but they were muffled. You could tell they were all male but there was one you recognized. His voice was laced with worry as he kept asking "Bones" to stop the bleeding.

Bleeding?

Oh right, you got shot. Twice.

You strained to crack your eyes open, blinking rapidly at the odd light that fell on your eyes. But you were soon cast in shadow as a figure loomed over you. Even in the shadow, you could see his bright blue eyes. 

"You're alive," you rasped as you tried to sit up. 

Kirk smiled at your determination, but he reached over; one hand cupping your face, the other gently pushed your good shoulder back down. "Apparently I'm not the only one." He gave you a small smile and sat on the makeshift bed with you.

You looked around as best you could, spying a few other officers talking a distance off. "Where are we? Are we safe?"

"We are in an old Federation ship, the USS Franklin. We are safe for now. But we have to go get the crew."

You reached up and grabbed one of his hands, squeezing it urgently. "What of the remainder of my crewmates?"

Kirk nodded, squeezing your hand back. "Them too. But you need to stay here. My men and I have a plan."

You shook your head, irritated that after all this you just end up being left behind. "I want to help."

Kirk stilled your shaking with a soft hand on your cheek again. How anyone maintained a conversation with this man was beyond you; his eyes reminded you of the waters back on your home planet. Calming and clear.

"And you can. You were a communications officer right?"

You nodded, wincing a bit as your shoulder twitched.

"Good. I'll need you to make sure our comms units are online and once we are in the sky I will need you to contact Yorktown."

Your mind was still a bit slow from the pain but you understood. "Roger that."

Kirk nodded once, standing and pulling at his jacket. He gave you one long look, a flash of wistfulness flashed across his face before he gave you an almost sad smile. He turned to go but you called out.

"Captain Kirk."

He turns, his eyes searching your face. You wince as you sat up carefully but you never broke eye contact.

"Be careful. I didn't get shot for a dead man."

That brought a wide smile to Kirk's lips, lighting up the room and making your heart beat a bit quicker. "I'll make sure to only come back half dead." And with that, he winked and was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were able to get the crew on board, including some of the last remaining members of your ship. At one point you thought Kirk wasn't going to make it back and that's was when you decided you were gonna kill him for making you worry so much.

But that was just it. You had been worrying too much about him, you couldn't help but think there was something your heart wasn't telling your brain. That was confirmed the moment you saw him on the transporter pad, face down moaning as he held hands with Jaylah. Your blood started to boil and your heart flipped.

You shook your head. Now was not the time to get caught up in fleeting emotional nonsense. Besides you have a duty to help protect Yorktown from Krall. You found yourself in the transporter room for no reason other than to see Blue Eyes so you tried your best to limp away unnoticed. But you ended up sounding and looking like an old man pulling dead weight. You heard footsteps behind you quickly make work of the distance.