Whisky Lullabies- Spock

I love this song (and artist: Janet Devlin) with all my heart and I just couldn't help but do one more "song-fic" of a sort. Enjoy!

"So, Mrs. Spock, how do you feel about not being able to eat chocolate anymore?"

"You can't even eat any or else he will taste it in your mouth and act up."

Two voices made you jump with irritation and fear, the names of their owners popping into your mind as you refused to look up at them. It didn't do any good to provoke Dumb and Dumber.

"Right?! I can't believe Vulcans are that weak to it."

"Well, that is if he shows enough emotion to kiss you. I'm surprised he had enough in him at the ceremony."

You tried to ignore your colleagues as you packed up your training equipment along with your medical books and study tablets. You were married to Spock for no more than a month and some of the women on the ship who you thought were your friends were now picking on you. Childish as it was, it still hurt you.

Plus it didn't help that it was hard for you to stick up for yourself let alone your husband whom many women fancied themselves in love with. Some were in denial, some were jealous, and others were just plain rude; interspecies and all that.

So you just did your best to ignore them, not thinking it would be this hard to actually avoid bullies in your adult life. Keeping to your studies help a lot. You hadn't been assigned yet but as Spock's wife, you were granted a position on the ship. But being in childcare so soon after getting married didn't sit well with you. Therefore you took to studying to be an under nurse or a tactical officer. Juggling both was one way to help keep your mind off the gossip. 

As did being recently married. Being a wife gave you responsibilities that helped occupy your mind when you weren't studying or snuggling with your husband. You were worried it was going to be a suppressive role but it was quite rewarding. Especially when Spock came home after a particularly long shift and you welcomed him with clean bed sheets, a nice dinner, and his favorite night clothes all warm from being sanitized.

Against popular belief, you knew Spock to be the most expressive of the crew. You were never left wondering what he was thinking or how he felt about you or something going on. You could rely on him to be honest and straightforward, but uplifting and reassuring when needed.

He was not only the man you always wanted to marry but the man you needed to marry. But it seems, to others, it was more of a joke than a choice of love and affection. If only they knew him and what a dear he was to you.

You left the training area with your arms full of your studies as your two former friends continued to follow you, having a loud conversation with rhetorical questions burning your ears.

"Can he even dance you around like you've always daydreamed about?"

"What is it like living with someone who can't even smile?"

"You poor woman, I bet you didn't even do anything on your wedding night, did you?"

"I bet you don't even know what it's like to feel true love from a man like him, huh?"

You stopped, your face hot and your blood boiling. You heard them stop behind you but you didn't turn around. Instead, you squared your shoulders and continued walking back to your shared apartment, ready to unload your tears the moment you were out of their sight. And no sooner.

If only they knew.

~

Spock stood off to the side and watched as you, his wonderful wife, refrained from chastising your false friends and marched off with dignity. It then did not take the woman long to taper off seeing as how their words were not eliciting their desired effect.