Beating And Shouting - Scotty

"I still don't like the uniform." You mumbled under your breath as you pulled your cadet dress over your head. You look in the mirror and fix your white hair in a tall ponytail, then rubbed your black streaked face with your hands. Ever since you left that horrid planet with Montgomery Scotty and his friends, you have been going to Starfleet Academy in hopes of joining them on the new Enterprise. That meant wearing a uniform, but you would do anything to be with the kind engineer again.

You turned in your small apartment bedroom to change into something a lot more comfortable. As you pulled out an outfit from your closet your hand brushed against the clothes you had no heart to get rid of. You pulled it out just a bit, stroking it, a frown forming on your face.

"I am not trapped." You whispered to yourself for the millionth time that day. You closed your eyes tight and put it away, pulling out your comfy clothes.

You leave your room and go to make some food, not fully used to the synthesized food that they offered here. Though it was a big change moving here and you have been the busiest you have ever been in your life, it was a good change. Just not exactly what you are used to. You were about to pull out some food when you heard a knock at your door.

You froze, leaning around your cupboards to glance at your door. A few strong knocks echoed through your apartment causing you to jump slightly, but it was the voice on the other end of the door that caused you to smile wide.

"Hey there, Lassie, it's me."

You put the food back and rushed to the door, your yellow eyes wide with excitement. You took hold of the doorknob and threw the door open, coming face to face with your dear friend.

"Montgomery Scotty! Why do you come here?" You smiled but cocked your head to the side.

"What? Can a friend not come meet his girl?" He smiled as he walked in, taking a look around your place. "Looks like you got the higher end of the apartments." He turns to you, you not missing the bags of food in his arms. "Good because we are going to need to use that fancy kitchen of yours." He set the bags on your small counter as you closed the door and came up beside him.

You cross your arms over your chest, trying not to pout. "You are leaving for the exploring again, aren't you."

Scotty falters slightly as he pulled things out of the bags. "Aye, in three days." He turns and lets out a sigh as he rests his hands on your tense shoulders. "I wanted to stop by and say goodbye before I left. I know you have one of your tests soon and I didn't want to bother you then."

You huffed and turned away from him, wrapping your arms around your middle. "How long?"

He comes up behind you, resting his hand on your arm. "We aren't so sure. But come on lassie, I didn't come here to make you upset. I brought stuff for your favorite."

You turned, your face pulling up into a shy smile. "The long ones you slurp up with red sauce and balls of meat?"

Scotty smiled and tweaked your nose. "Old fashioned spaghetti. I'll teach it to you so you can cook it for me next time I see you."

You smile and eagerly help him prepare the food. As you worked beside him, laughing and learning, one thing kept nagging you in the back of your mind. You are going to miss Scotty, a lot. It was hard enough to only see him from time to time while he waited for the ship to finish being built but now you will have to cope with him being lightyears away. You did your best to keep a smile on your face, not wanting to ruin the last time you will have with him for a long while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scotty watch as you thoroughly enjoyed your dinner, making a mess of the sauce all over your face and hands but not minding because you were happy. Scotty frowns and takes the last gulp of his scotch before he stands to put his dishes away as you cleaned yourself up. He watches you, his frown still evident on his face. He really did not like the idea of leaving you here and right after helping you escape from Krall. But there wasn't anything he could do, despite having friends in high places and you being a very good engineer. You needed to finish schooling.