En Garde -Hikaru Sulu

Sulu found himself trying desperately to end the increasingly embarrassing conversation he is having with the captain, but as Kirk kept drinking, Sulu finally decided to just leave.

"Hey, Sulu! Where are you going?" Kirk slurred as he watched is pilot leave the bar.

"Sorry Captain, I have a date." Sulu cringed as soon as the words left his mouth.

"OoooOOOooo, Sulu has a date!" Kirk laughed and took another drink. "Who's the lucky lady?"

Sulu lifts his chin a tad higher, proud to have you agree to the date. "(Y/n)."

Kirk stopped mid-drink, setting his drink down. "So you are actually going to go through with it? Does...does she feel the same way?" Sulu stared at his captain, not fully understanding why he was acting this way.

"Uh, I am hoping so. But I don't think she will like me much if I was late." Sulu slowly started backing away. Kirk raised his glass again in solute, saying something along the lines of don't stab you with the sword. Rolling his eyes, Sulu chuckles and solutes back. Hopefully, you haven't been waiting too long.

"I am really sorry (Y/n), the Captain was quite apt about keeping me." Sulu rushed into the rec-room, keeping his head down as he finished strapping on his gear, and not exactly ready to look up and see you in all your angry glory.

"I was beginning to think you did end up picking the plants over me." You kept your voice light and tried to keep a smile off your lips, knowing he was worried about keeping you waiting. He looked up and froze. Sulu would be a fool to think you didn't look stunning in your fencing garb. At his expression you let your laughter bubble over, walking over to punch him in the arm lightly. "Well as it turns out your reaction was quite worth the wait."

Sulu blinked and watched you walk away to put on your mask, a smirk pulling up his lips. It's going to be very hard for him to focus on the match at hand. You look through your mask at Sulu looking at you with a ghost of a smirk on his lips. You shrug in question and watch as he suddenly snaps to attention and gets his mask on and get into position.

"You alright there Sulu? You think you focus with all this," you boldly gesture to your body up and down, "in your way or do you think you need to go water a cactus." You wink, completely forgetting he can't see it.

Sulu raises his eyebrows and chuckles quietly to himself. You have no idea.

"Alright (Y/l/n), enough chit chat. Make your advance." He stands at the ready.

"Oh, I think I already have." You coyly reply as you stand ready to take him on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After almost an hour of dancing on the mat, taking hits and giving them, Sulu threw his foil up in surrender.

"Alright, alright (Y/n)," he says with a slight chuckle, "you know how to give a guy a run for him money with your thrusting abilities." Sulu took off his helmet, setting it on the floor as he sat down beside it.

You take your helmet off and throw it at him, laughing deeply. "For the record, you said that. I didn't. But I'll take the compliment."

He laughs with you and catches your helmet, patting the floor next to him. You practically fall like a ragdoll, causing him to reach out and hold you steady. But instead of pulling away after touching the floor, you get yourself more comfortable next to him. He freezes in shock but gets over it quickly. Neither of you mind the sweat and the smell. Instead, you both just enjoy the closeness of each other. Quiet, small talk flow between you as you both rest and try to calm your racing hearts. Your eyes start to drift shut until you feel soft hands run down your arms to take your hands.

"Come on. Let's get you out of those dirty clothes and into something more comfortable and clean." Gently Sulu pulls you up and helps you to the woman's shower room. You both agree to meet after changing, not wanting the evening together to end anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a nice clean shower and a change into comfortable, clean clothes, you step out into the hall to see Sulu looking stupid, as usual. He thought he would take the time he had waiting for you to think up a reason to keep you with him for a bit longer. An imaginary conversation runs through his mind, not knowing that he was expressing it clearly to those around him. You laugh out loud a bit and he looks over at you, a blush peppering his adorable face.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asks as he steps closer and takes your gym bag from you. You thank him and walk next to him, no real destination in mind.

"Oh I am much better now, thank you. What about you?" You look up at him and punch him lightly on the arm. He looks down at you then away as he chuckles. "You had your great sword and yet I still thrust better." You winked at him, smirking.

At this, he lets out a howling laugh. He puts both bags in one hand, the other arm wrapping around you, giving you a tight squeeze. "I don't know, maybe I was distracted." He looks down at you and smiles.

Your eyes lock and time slows. You watch as his eyes glance at your lips and back at your eyes. You smile back and plan on leaning in a bit, but the sound of doors opening, making the both of you jump. You let out a nervous laugh and Sulu distances himself a bit. You look in the direction of the door and pull Sulu with you into the room.

"Ah, the arboretum! You are a woman after my own heart (Y/n)." He chuckles and puts the gym bags down in a corner. You follow him, letting him take over talking about every little and big plant he came into contact with. The best way you could contribute to the conversation was pointing to an ugly plant and saying "That's you." He'd laugh and then pull you excitedly to another plant across the room. You can't help but giggle at how excited he got and how happy he looked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bones opens the door to the arboretum to find an old aloe plant. What he found made his regret waking up this morning. There Sulu and you were, wrapped in each other's arms laying in the corner of the room, completely asleep. Bones rolls his eyes and turns right back around.

"I'll have an officer get the damn plant. I did not sign up to be no one's den mother."

Sulu peeks open one of his eyes and smirks. He looks down at you in his arms and truly smiles. Giving you a gentle kiss on the forehead, he pulls you closer and falls asleep, hoping you won't punch him hard in the arm when you wake up.

Here ya go dear! stargirlhorse

I hope you all are liking it so far!