Epiphany- Spock

WhitherKYKillerKY-I hope you like how this turned out! Thank you for your patience! Enjoy!

It was hot and a bit windy outside today, making it a little difficult to take measurements. Your nose itched and you sneezed right as you heard the all too familiar sound of the transporter. You smiled shyly at the Second Officer as he and the Captain materialized in front of you.

You had been on the surface of this unnamed planet for two days now studying seismic activity, alone. Something about the reading wasn't adding up so you asked for assistance. But you didn't think the two highest officers of the ship would take time out of their day to beam down to your aid.

You turned back to your work as they walked toward you as to not stare at the blue shirted Vulcan. You sneezed. With a shake of your head, you steeled into yourself as you tossed them a welcome over your shoulder.

"Captain. Commander. Thank you for coming."

"Of course, officer-"

You gave the captain a sly smile. "(L/n). Tracy's roommate. You'd remember that if you had come by and saw Tracy again like you said you would."

Captain Kirk glanced down and cleared his throat as he tried to smile away his indiscretion. "Ah yes. I knew I was forgetting something."

You shared a look with the Vulcan, suppressing a giggle at the smirk he was hiding behind his captain's back.

Kirk cleared his throat. "Spock here offered his help. Take as long as you need." He turned to go but gave Spock a look. "I promise it's not what it sounds like."

Spock gave him a solemn nod. "Of course, Captain."

You gave the Captain a nod right before he was beamed back up. Leaving you and Commander Spock alone. You turned back to your little monitors, checking numbers on your PADD as another sneeze escaped. You heard the ground crunch as your new helper stepped closer.

"Are you feeling alright officer?"

You looked up, moving back some wind-blown hairs, trying your best not to think about how horrible you probably looked. You weren't really expecting such an esteemed visitor. The wind picked up. You sneezed.

"(Y/n). You can call me (Y/n)." You reached out and shook his strong and surprisingly soft hands. "And yes, Commander, just a bit of an itchy nose."

Spock nodded. "Do we need to be outside for you to show me what is troubling you?"

You shook your head as you finished up taking down numbers. You tucked the PADD under your arm and motioned for him to follow you to the little bunker set up for you and a small crew. Except you didn't have a crew so that left you with a pretty sizable place to stay and you weren't complaining.

"Come on, I have everything set up inside. I also have some food cooking if you would like some. We can talk while we eat."

Spock gave you a grateful nod. "Thank you." He followed close behind you, his hands clasped behind his back. "But I must confess, I do find it odd that humans prefer to converse while taking a meal. I find that quite illogical."

You let out a little laugh, glancing up at him as he opened the bunker door for you. "Of course, you would think that." You shrugged. "I'm not sure why we do it but it's kind of a social norm I guess."

Your lungs let out a relieved sigh as the air-conditioning kicked in. You brushed what sand and dirt you could off yourself before turning to the Commander. You suppressed a surprised squeak as you shamelessly watched your commanding officer brush himself down and tousle his already unruly hair with closed eyes. He looked so different with his hair not immaculately placed, but it was a good different. A very good different. He then opened his eyes, finding yours easily and holding your gaze. You could feel his smirk despite not seeing a single muscle on his face move. You blinked then looked away, clearing your throat.