With Bated Breath- Spock

This one is dedicated to my sweet friend Whovian3135!

The relocation of the remaining Vulcans to New Vulcan was one of the best decisions the Vulcan delegation had made in a while. But now that Elder Spock has passed, they are looking for another to take his place. You stood out on your homestead veranda, looking out at the changing leaves of spring's end. Your arms are folded and your brows pulled together as you contemplated your vote on the new delegate supervisor. You didn't hear the clicking of boots until they stopped right behind you. A smile pulled at your lips but you cleared your throat and straightened your face before you turned around.

"Forgive me, (Y/n), if I disturbed you."

"Not at all Sarek," you bowed your head slightly in respect, "I was merely thinking before the gathering. Have the others gathered?"

Sarek bowed back and opened his arm to the side, signaling for you to follow him. "Yes. This way please."

You came into step with the senior Vulcan, his delegation robes swooshing with each step. Your own dress danced around your feet as you did your best to keep up with is long strides with your smaller legs. You tugged nervously at your pale blue dress, adjusting the small precisely placed belt around your waist until you felt a warm hand fall on your shoulder.

"Be still child. You will perform adequately, I am sure." He stops and turns you gently to look at him, his fatherly hands on your shoulders. "I believe my son will have no rejection to your proposal. Our families will do well to be joined in marriage."

You blink slowly and made sure to keep your breathing as regular as possible. "Thank you sir, but I don't want to bind him to me if he does not wish it. The council comes before any wedding ceremonies. But I appreciate your efforts to console my emotions. Amanda taught you well." You smile and lay a hand on one of his still placed on your shoulder.

Sarek nods and continues on to the Delegation chamber. You hang back a bit as you did your best to regain your emotions and breathing. Since Amanda's death, Sarek had been on a hunting trip to find his son a suitable wife. So who else would be a perfect match than one of his childhood friends? Yes, well, you and Spock were friends to a degree, but he never liked that you would often tap into your human side which gained Amanda's admiration. Sarek did not pay much attention to you until you joined with Elder Spock in preserving the Vulcan culture. He has expressed to you time and time again what a perfect match Spock and you would make. As much as you wished Spock would agree to such an arrangement, you cannot help but doubt that it would truly come to pass.

You let out a sigh. No use fretting over something that cannot be predicted. With that, you smoothed out your dress one more time before you entered the Delegation Council to convince them why your choice of Sarek's son, Spock, as the new Delegation Supervisor, after Elder Spock, is the best decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Captain, I do not believe it is necessary to visit my father's council. I have made my decision to not join them. With the Enterprise in repairs, I believe it best to treat this as a shore leave, not a political rendezvous."

The yellow and blue shirt got off their transport on New Vulcan and started their way to the Delegate Council's meeting house where Spock's father wished to meet him.

Kirk laughed and nudged his pointy-eared friend with his elbow. "Oh come on Spock! Isn't want's her face here?"

Spock just stared at his captain and friend before looking ahead again. "(Y/n). Her name is (Y/n). And I would appreciate it if you would refrain from making advances on her. She may be half human but her Vulcan side has been known to be quite ruthless." He subconsciously rubbed his left side of his ribs as if soothing a painful memory.