Thrillseeker -Scotty

curleyCue17-Here you are! I hope it is to your liking ;)

You smirked as you looked down at the top of your friend's balding head. You bit back a giggle as you pulled your small travel pack around to your front, pulling out an archaic voice recorder and pressing the warm down record button.

"(L/n) Log, Star Date...um...the one after last." You shifted in the rafters to get a better look at Scotty as he moved about. "I am on the home stretch of my experiment. In the light of the nearing of my task I have decided to play a final prank on the one man who found nothing to say to me other than "get down from there you thrill seeker, you're going to get yourself hurt" or "I swear to you I will tell Bones not to heal a bone in your body if you mess up", but I have no plan on letting him think I took his warnings to heart." You bit back another giggle. "In one ear and out the other."

Carefully you placed the recorder in a pocket, still recording as you pulled out a hand-sized jar full of a yellow substance that looked of honey and smelled of straw. You had no idea what it was but you found it in Bones' office during your last check up. Now you held it right above the Scottish man, the sticky substance slowly falling out of the jar, aimed right at his round head.

Just as the first drop was about to fall, he moved. Drat. Quickly you righted the jar and shifted your weight in hopes of fixing the drop position. But your foot lost its hold on one of the rafter bars, slipping and a causing you to flail out. You dropped the jar, the glass shattering everywhere. The yellow goop looked like a minion crime scene and it smelled awful. But you didn't get time to look at it or think about all the people that you now had the attention of because you were too busy making sure you didn't land flat on your face and in that gross stuff.

You reached out and just in time grabbed a thick cable. You let out a little squeak as you clung to it like a monkey on a vine. You let out a breath and a chuckle as you relaxed against the cable, safe from falling. But not a second later you heard a snap and a creek. Looking up you let out a curse as the cord started to pull away from the rest of the ceiling rig. Suddenly you found yourself swinging down to meet the ground, but not before twirling in a circle, coming to land safely on your feet and away from the goop but face to face with the Irish engineer himself.

The look on his face made you smile bashfully, letting go of the cord and wiping your slightly burned hands on your pants. You brushed a hair out of your face and clasped your hands behind your back.

"Hey there, Scotty."

Scotty shook his head. "Thrillseeker."

"I have no idea what you are talking about." You smiled sweetly.

Scotty snorted. "And we have no idea how that yellow goop got all over my precious engine room."

You made a pitiful pouty face. "I'm so so sorry. I guess we'll just have to rip out the engine and install a new one."

Scotty crossed his arm and glanced behind you. "And I just might leave that to you. It looks like cleaning up that mess with be a-"

He froze and the look on his face startled you. A lot. Quickly, you turned to look, but you turned too fast and about fell over into the now smoking floor. Scotty reached out and grabbed you, pulling you to him as you both watched all that the yellow goop touch turn to liquid. Seething hot liquid.

Other crew membered fled the falling goop and molten metal. You stood there in shock, your jaw slack and your head hurting.

"I almost poured that on your head," you whispered almost inaudibly. You reached down and grabbed Scotty's hand, warmed when he grasped it back.