Beautifully Strong - Chekov

You smiled as you sat on the observation deck four, staring out at the stars with the mass of people gathered to see the passing meteor shower. You felt someone bump you and a voice with a thick accent apologized. You just turned to him and smiled but your eyes widened at who it was; your all time crush: Pavel Chekov.

Chekov grinned at you as he decided to take a seat next to you. It has taken him almost two weeks to get the courage to finally approach you. He saw you working with Scotty from time to time and was yearning to get to know you. Funny thing was that you felt the same way about him, almost exactly.

But now that the two of you were next to each other no words came to mind. You were usually quiet, not liking to bring attention to yourself, so you mentally left it to him to start the conversation. But him being Chekov, the two of you jus sat there in a somewhat awkward silence as people made conversation around you.

Chekov cleared his throat and turned to you but the group of people let out a collective gasp as the meteor shower started. You gave the young Russian a kind smile as you turned to the stars. Chekov forgot what he was going to say as he did the same. The shower was short-lived but amazing to say the least.

As people got up and left, Chekov stood to leave but paused when you didn't move. Instead, you sat there, your hands placed neatly in your lap, your eyes fixed on nothing in particular out the observation window. Puzzled, Chekov sat back down and looked where you were staring.

"Is there another one you can see that I can't or have you fallen asleep with your eyes open."

You couldn't help but snicker at his comment. You glanced at him and gave him a small smile, placing your finger to your mouth. "Shhh. Don't tell everyone my secret. Sleeping with your eyes open is a talent that takes great effort."

Chekov's eyes widened at your reply. You have such a beautiful voice, he wasn't sure why you stayed quiet. But there was something about your demeanor that was a bit off. Almost like you were shy to move, let alone say anything to draw attention to yourself. Scooting a little closer, he leaned over and nodded to the stars.

"Do you come here often?" He winced. It sounded a lot better when the Captain said it, all confident and coy.

You smirked as his unoriginal conversation starter. "Yes actually. It just so happens that I will be spending the majority of my day here. So, if you wish to leave, you may. No need toasty here and accompany a stranded woman."

Chekov knit his brows. "Stranded? Are you being forced to stay here?" His mind immediately went to an abusive and suppressive boyfriend.

You gave him a weak smile. "To a point."

Chekov stood, reaching his hand out to you. "Then let me be your knight in shining armor and save you from this suppressive beast and escape somewhere."

You stared at his hand. He was being so sweet but you knew the moment he knew you at all he would walk away, just like all the others. "Thank you, Chekov, but as it turns out I am suppressed wherever I go." You turned your head from his hand and stared at your feet.

Stumped the young man before you sat back down with a look of confusion. "Well then, what can I do to help you?"

Your breath hitched and your eyes widened. You didn't think he would stay. As much as you liked him you didn't want him to have to deal with your problems. You glanced over at him only to be met with his turquoise eyes, looking at you beseechingly. You swallowed and looked back at the passing stars. You hate pushing people away.

"I wish there was something you could do. And I'm flattered. But unfortunately, there is little to be done and nothing you can do." You glanced at him one last time before squaring your shoulders and lifting your chin. "I suggest you go flatter someone else who will be able to reciprocate."