Coincidence- Kirk

To those who have requested: I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN! I swear, I just have been busy and I have a line of stories to finish before I leave. Reminder; requests will be closed tomorrow and will open once I get back in June. I may or may not be able to update. No promises. So enjoy what I have for you here and my other works! Love you all!

You smiled as the group of drunk men stood around the dying fire, hands on shoulders and tankards full of beer, laughing and singing to an old bar tune. You took a rag and cleaned a class, taking in the environment of your successful little bar. When you volunteered to be a part of a colonization project two years ago you didn't imagine you would be happily tending a bar in a dated era.

You thought that by now you would be married and with a child on the way but you quite liked where you were, tending to inn residents and townsfolk. Just like in all those old stories you read when you were younger. You laughed as a few men stumbled and fell, loudly apologizing to you for breaking a few glasses and cracking a chair.

"Just be sure to build me a new one Miles," you called out.

Miles raised his glass and nodded. "You got it, lady of the beer. You will have a new chair by noon on Wednesday."

You shook your head and smiled. "I'll tell your wife. You're not going to remember a thing."

Miles burped and some of the men laughed loudly. "And this is why you are the one in charge. Good on ya." He downed the rest of his drink and hobbled out of the bar, waving.

Soon the bar emptied and you started to prep a few meals for the late night miners. Your colony was not only there to create a population but to mine the abundant goods that laid beneath the rich soil. Every Tuesday and Thursday you served the miners' dinner after their extra shifts. You didn't mind, the colony made enough food to feed them every night if they had to.

But honestly, you had started doing it the night you saw one of the new miners come in, expressing his newness to the colony and what goes on. He was blond, extremely good looking, and had the most radiant blue eyes you had ever seen. So, completely not caring if people saw the connection, you made sure to see him every Tuesday and Thursday. This Jim Kirk was slowly stealing your heart and you were sure he had no idea.

Kirk wiped his brow as he followed the good spirited men out of the mines. It was a hard one today and it was moments like this that made him really hate the Federation for assigning the Enterprise to monitor this colony. Sure, only a year but that was a long time. And a long time not to get attached to anyone here.

Kirk was assigned as a miner to see how things were doing on that front. Bones was to act as an old curmudgeon who hated people but had to work with the primitive tools as an aid to the doctor. As if that was hard for him. Spock and Uhura were to be a married couple who befriends people and learn about the growing government and commodity levels.

Kirk, Bones, Uhura, Spock and a few other lower ranked officers were going on month three in the Batewell colony and Kirk was finding it fairly difficult to keep his heart guarded. He did well enough with the other miners, keeping to himself. But since starting his new undercover position he wasn't expecting to be catered to on some nights by the town's bar maiden. You were kind, beautiful and had a lovely laugh.

Uhura told him to just go for it and live a little. Spock told him to keep his distance and stick to women who aren't part of a colony. Bones didn't care, just as long as he didn't bring back any illness or give you any. Therefore Kirk decided to make up his own mind. It was Thursday and that meant dinner at the bar.

You smiled at the dirty, tired men who shuffled their way in, smiles on their face despite how much they worked. You gestured to the row of plates up at the bar filled with warm food and glasses of water and beer.