Get Back Here-Scotty

"No, I'm not signing anything, now get these bloody things off my ship." A man in a hat and uniform shadows Scotty, holding a PADD and waiting for a signature. "Captain!" Scotty spots Kirk walk into the docking bay with Spock and a woman flanking him.

"Is there a problem Mr. Scott?" Kirk answers with a tired voice.

"Sir. I was just explaining to this gentleman that I cannot authorize any weapons on board this ship without knowing what's inside them."

Spock speaks up. "Mr. Scott raises yet another point-," but Jim interrupted him, handing him a credentials PADD.

"Report to Bridge."

Spock quiets and obediently, yet frustrated, leaves.

You just arrived off of a transporter pod, entering the docking bay to be greeted by the oh so sweet sound of Scotty's voice traveling through the area. You smiled and started to pick up your pace, following his loud voice. Something about classified information. You even hear Sulu at one point.

"Now if you excuse me, sir, I have a Warp Core to prime. Get down!"

You spot Scotty's back as you turned a corner. You calm yourself and walk after him, noticing the Captain with him as well. You look after them in confusion, but you kept on following them.

"Do you know what this is captain?"

"I don't have time for a lecture Scotty,"

"Do you know what this is!?"

Kirk let out an exasperated breath but answered his stubborn chief engineer. "It's a warp core."

"It's a radioactive catastrophe waiting to happen. A subtle shift in magnetic output from say, firing one or more of six dozen torpedoes with an unknown payload, could set off a chain reaction that could kill every living thing on this ship. Letting those torpedoes on The Enterprise is the last straw."

Your eyes widened and you decide to stop a few steps away, watching the interaction heat up between your dear friend and Capetian.

"What was the first straw?"

"What was the-, there were plenty of straws. How about star fleet confiscating my Trans-Warp equation. And now some mad man is using it to hop across the galaxy. Where do you think he got it?"

"We have our orders, Scotty!"

Scotty takes a deep breath and looks at his Captain beseechingly, "That's what scares me. This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Cause I thought we were explorers."

You raise your eyebrows and nod your head in agreement with the Scotsman.

"I thought we-"

But Captain Kirk had enough. "Sign for the torpedoes, that's an order."

You waited with baited breath to see what Scotty did next.

"Right. Well. You leave me with no choice but to resign my duties."

You felt numb. This can't be happening.

"Oh come on Scotty."

"You have given me no choice sir!"

"You're not giving ME much of a choice!"

"I cannot just standby-"

"Can't you just make an exception and sign for-"

"Will you accept my resignation or not!?"

"I DO!"

The Captain's voice echoed throughout the room and in your ears. You felt cold. You no longer listened as you watched a blob of Scotty hand over his PADD and walk off. You watched as his form leave the docking bay, the Captain standing there in apparent frustration over the situation.