Are You Crazy- Scotty (part two)

@music_on_world_off  I hope you like how this one turned out, thank you for giving me a reason to write a part two for this ;)

You wiped silent tears as you tried to keep your breathing even while you packed a bag of supplies and food for Scotty. Keenser stood at your elbow, making little whining sounds as he watched you.

You looked down at him, patting his head lightly. "I know, buddy, I know." You gave him a small smile as you finished up by putting in a small picture of the three of you, all huddled together freezing cold but smiling bright enough to put the Sun to shame.

You shouldered the pack and took Keenser's hand as you both followed the loud voice of your Scotsman, your heart skipping at the sound. You watched as the two new visitors followed closely behind Scotty as he showed them around. You didn't want to think about what he was showing them but what was coming was inevitable.

At the sound of you walking up, Scotty stopped mid-sentence and turned to you, his face lighting up. "Lassie! Can you believe it? We are making it off this frozen Hell!" He made quick work of the space between the two of you, grasping your shoulders and pulling you to him as he kissed your cheek.

Before you could say anything let alone process what happened before the old Vulcan spoke up. "I am sorry to inform you Mr. Scott, but your friends will not be accompanying you. However, you will not need to worry about them. I will personally see to their safe return to the Earth."

You look between Scotty and the wise Vulcan, giving him a small smile in thanks as you handed Scotty the bag off your shoulder. "He's right. It's time for you to show them your stuff."

"But-but wait, no." Scotty looked between everyone, even the blond, as if asking if this were truly happening. Finally turns to you, stepping closer. "I don't like the idea of leaving you. And Keenser of course. How did you- when were you going to tell me you weren't coming?" His eyes pleaded with you, forcing you to look away in fear of breaking down right then and there.

You feel Keenser give your leg a hung before he followed Mr. Spock and James Kirk to another part of the hanger to leave you alone with Scotty. You sent out a secret prayer of thanks to them.

"I figured that this was a mission for as few people as possible. The Enterprise will need you if everything Mr. Spock has told us is true." You looked up, meeting his sad eyes. You gave him a sad smile, reaching up to cup his face. "You will be more of a help to them without us there to distract you. Besides,  you are the only one who knows how to properly transport lifeforms." You stroked his cheek lightly.

Scotty looked down at you and blinked slowly, letting out an exasperated breath knowing that you were right. He reached his hand up to cover yours as he leaned into it. "Why do you have to be right all the time? Then I suppose now should be the time for me to give you this." He stepped back a bit so he could grab something from inside his coat. A smile graced his lips as he handed you a small stack of pictures tied with string. "Don't think that even for a moment that I won't be coming back."

You vision swam as you nodded, tucking the gift in your coat, doing your best to keep it together. You felt Scotty reach under your chin to bring your eyes back up to his. His kind eyes twinkled back at you as he spoke in a low tone. "Look after that booger for me, would ya? He seems to like you a lot more than me now."

You let out a weak laugh as you sniffed and nodded. But he wasn't' done. Taking a step closer, he wrapped his other arm around your back as he leaned it slightly, his touch warming you instantly. "And promise me to take care of yourself. I've grown quite fond of you."

You let out another laugh but this time you flung your arms around his neck. "Are you crazy?" You whisper, earning you a small chuckle. But the humor didn't last. "I will," you whisper, "just as long as you come back." You kissed his cheek sweetly before stepping away right when Kirk came walking over.