Five More Minutes- Kirk

As requested by blxckyouknow-I hope it's to your liking! Thanks for the request!

*Last year in the Academy*

You heard movement next to you, the light of morning seeping through your eyelids. You felt someone brush hair out of your face. You let out a little moan, moving to face the other direction.

You hear a deep chuckle followed by the sound of a chair moving. "Of course you fell asleep in the library. Again." The hand returned, caressing your cheek sweetly. "If you don't hurry, you'll miss breakfast."

You let out another annoyed moan. "Five more minutes."

Kirk smirked as he watched you rest your head on a small stack of old paper books. When you didn't meet him at your usual spot for breakfast he knew where to find you. With the last exams coming up he knew you would be studying in the library and had fallen asleep. He looked down at you, your face cute and peaceful.

He would have sat there forever, soaking in your beauty had your stomach not growled followed by his answering back like a dying whale. That made you snort, smiling with your eyes still closed.

"I can't wait until we can go for days without needing to stop and eat," you croaked with your morning voice as you turned to face your best friend.

Jim rubbed his face and looked away to hid the blush that was forming not only from the sound of your voice but the sweet tired look on your face. He never had the urge to know what it would be like to wake up with you had his side until then.

"Well, I personally love food too much to sit here and think about that possibility. Come on, If we hurry you can swing by your room to change."

You stood shakily, taking Jim's outstretched hand. "Aren't you the charmer..." you looked at him, winking, "You sure you don't have a thing for me?"

Jim rolled his eyes. "For the millionth time, quit flattering yourself. I'm an unattached man and I plan to stay that way."

You both knew the exchange was all in jest but you just woke from a wonderful dream involving the playboy before you, so your heart hurt just a bit more than usual at his response. You shrugged, leaning into him as the two of you walked to the mess hall. "Pitty."

Jim looked down at you, your arm wrapped with his, your head leaning on his shoulder. He could get used to seeing you like this but he had a reputation to uphold. Besides, he didn't think he would ever be a good catch for you; you deserve the best.

He couldn't wait for graduation for two reasons; he wanted to be captain of a ship like his father before him and he wanted to get away from you. You were far too much of a temptation to be around for too much longer. He was in danger of falling for you. Hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Two years later*

You tugged at your red dress, standing in the mass of transfers waiting to get their new ship assignments. You watched the stoic Vulcan, listening intently for your name but you almost missed it when you could have sworn you saw someone behind him. Someone you were aching to see again.

"(L/n); Enterprise," echoed the Vulcan, making you snap to attention.

You blinked. The Enterprise.

Before you could think any further the group dispersed and you followed your fellow Enterprise crewmates to the shuttle that will take you to the Pearl of Starfleet. You were so excited all you could think that you would be able to confront Kirk on why he has kept his distance.