Anything -McCoy

I promise not to bore you with a long note. Just know I am working on making my updates happen frequently (let alone at all) and to keep it up. Thank you all for sticking around, I hope to make you proud! Requests are always welcome!

This was a request by someone whom I can not find and I am so so sorry. But know that I didn't forget about you, whoever you are!

You smiled as you crossed your arms and watched as the little children in your daycare rushed off to their parents. As soon as the last child left, you turned back to your assistance, thanking them for their help.

"You all can go, I can take care of the rest of the clean-up."

"Mrs. McCoy, are you sure?"

You laugh lightly, loving the sound of your last name. "Yes Mary, I need the alone time anyways. And tomorrow is a half day, so don't come knocking until after lunch. Enjoy the rest of your day." You smiled and waved to them. They nodded and left.

"Knock, knock. May I intrude on your 'alone time'?"

You turn around coming face to face with your husband. Leonard McCoy stood at the threshold of the daycare room, his hands shoved in his civilian clothes pockets. And did he look good! You sat/leaned on one of the little kid tables.

"Only if you know the magic word."

"I can think of a lot of magic words." He said as he stalked toward you, his eyes boring into you.

"Leo! Not here!" You stand and put a hand on his chest, stopping him from kissing you.

"Oh, don't tell me there are still little tykes around?" He playfully growled as he looked around behind you, pulling you to his chest.

"No, but I would like to keep this place as innocent as possible." You snort as you kiss his cheek. Pulling away, you grabbed his hand and pulled him with you as you headed to your shared place. "Now please, tell me about your day?"

Leonard rolled his eyes, wrapping his arm around your waist as you both entered a turbo-lift. "Why do you always have to make things boring?"

You snorted and poked his side. "Only when you start embarrassing yourself."

He let out a low chuckle as he leaned down to whisper in your ear, "Hey, don't blame me. It's only around you that happens." He then tickled your side a bit.

You let out a giggle, grabbing his hand in yours. "And now I'm stuck with you. Now I am going to die from embarrassment."

Leonard looked down at you, placing a light kiss on your cheek. "Maybe wait to do that once you're old and we have had a few kids together." He chuckled as he entered your room, instantly going for something strong to drink.

You stood by the bed, your eyes glazed over and your hand resting on your stomach. Leonard turned around taking a sip of his drink, but he put it down and looked at you with concern. "You alright, doll?"

You blinked and looked right at him, your face dead serious. "I want one?"

He walked over to you, placing his hands on your shoulders. "Want what, exactly?"

"A baby," you whisper.

Leonard first just stares at you but then let out deep laugh. "Well, your wish is my demand." He leans down to kiss you but you hold a hand up, resting it on his cheek.

"I, uh, I don't know if..." You took a breath and looked down. "I don't want you to...judge...me." You shyly looked up at him, your hand dropping to fidget with your other hand.

"Hey," he whispered, turning your head up at him with a gentle finger under your chin. "I ain't no spring chicken." Leonard winked causing you to giggle, exactly what he wanted. "Let's take this a day at a time. Talk about it more. Pick names." He wiped a tear that unknowingly fell on your cheek. "No one is in a rush here."

You nodded, leaning into him as he welcomed you into his arms. "Thank you," you mumbled into his chest.

"Anything for you, darling. Anything."

You pulled away just enough to pull him down and kiss him excitedly, ready for the next step in life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bye Mrs. McCoy!" Your group of children chorused.

"Goodbye, children!" You called back, waving to them as they left with their parents for shore leave.

You smiled, loving the way they jumped around their parents all excited for their little trip. You say goodbye to your assistants and head back to your room. You were surprised to see your husband already there, sitting on the couch writing something on a piece of paper. Odd.

"Hey you." You smiled as you started to change into something a bit more comfortable. Lately, your clothes have been fitting a bit too tightly. "What brings you back so soon?"

Leonard looked up, shrugging. "Oh, you know. Work."

"Haha, what?" You laughed a bit as you turned around to look at him, placing your hands on your hips. "Since when does work bring you here?"

"Well," he stands and walks up to you, grabbing your hands and pulling you to the couch, "anything having to do with the crew's health is my job. Including my wife's."

"I'm still not following." You looked at him with furrowed brows, searching his face for any kind of clues.

"How can you not? Maybe this will help." He smirks as he hands you the paper.

You looked at it, taking in the two columns of names, boy and girl. Two names, one from each list, were circled, the two names you have been mulling over in your mind the last few months. You looked up at Leonard then back at the names.

You gasp. "No..." you whisper as your hand flies to your stomach.

"Yes," the happy doctor chuckled as he leans in, kissing your nose, "and you are holding two of them."

"Twins?" Shocked, you look back at the names, understanding why two names were circled. "How long have you known?"

"A month but I wanted to make sure after your check up yesterday." He kissed you, his smile making you smile.

You pulled away and hugged him, tears falling fast. "We are going to be parents!"

Leonard holds you tight, but not too tight, stroking your hair. "And you are going to be the best mother any two children could ask for."

You pulled away, stroking his cheek. "I knew I wasn't getting fat."

"Oh no, you are, it just happens to be with our children."

"I forgot what a charmer you can be." You giggle as he leans in to kiss your cheek.

"The best."

You both laugh, leaning back into the couch, holding each other as you both relished the feeling of absolute happiness and awe of being future parents. Leonard played with your hand, loving the feel of your small hands in his. He glanced around the room, the thought of having two kids in there with them made him feel claustrophobic.

He then looked down at you, kissing the top of your head. "We are going to need bigger living space."

You looked up at him. "Maybe put in a request for a full kitchen. Oh, and a second bathroom with a tub. A bath sounds so good right now."

Leonard pecked your lips then stroked your cheek, chuckling. "Of course, darling. Anything for you."