The Bet

~ Septiplier One Shot ~

1059 Words

Mark is the most popular guy in school, and there's one thing he's known for, he never turns down a bet, but what will happen when one bet gets a little out of hand and he falls in love?

Mark's POV:

I stand outside the school with Bob and Wade, just making stupid dick jokes and making fun of other students. Y'know, the usual.

"Hey, I've got a bet for you Mark," Bob said nudging my shoulder. "I bet you $30 you can't get Jack to fall for you."

Jack. That sad emo kid. He's like a loner or something. Nobody bothers to talk to him unless they are making fun of him, that includes me.

"How long do I have?" I say with a sigh.

"Until the end of the school year."

As he says that I notice Jack sitting on a bench nearby. He's wearing all black, a black hoodie and skinny jeans, except he has black converse with lime green laces. His shoe laces match his hair, cute.

Wait.

Did I just call him cute? No.

"Alright." I say before walking toward Jack.

I make my way over to the bench where Jack is currently seated.

"Hey," I say sitting beside him.

He flinches at my words. I guess he's not used to people being nice.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, Jack. I just wanted to say hi."

"Hi?" He says in a hesitant tone.

I let out an annoyed sigh. This is gonna take a while.

"You wanna hang out after school?"

*2 Months Later*

It took a while but Jack started to trust me. We started hanging out everyday and in all honesty, I like Jack a lot more than my old friends. He's really nice and funny.

Currently I am waiting for him at the front of the school, we usually walk home together.

"Hey!" He says hugging me from behind, he's so cute.

I lace my fingers with his and we start to walk in the direction of my house. He doesn't like to go to his house, he still hasn't told me why. Come to think of it, he never talks about his family either. We talk about other stuff, not family stuff.

"How was your day?" I ask.

"It was..ok. I'm just glad it's over." He answers staring at the ground as we walk.

"Hey, I have a question.."

"Ok."

"Why don't you ever talk about your family?"

His facial expression changed immediately. As soon as I saw that I regretted asking. Maybe this was the type of thing I shouldn't bring up. Fuck.