Broken Promises (part 2)

Third Person POV:

It had been two weeks. Two weeks since Mark almost died.

Mark unscrewed that familiar, perhaps too familiar, small, plastic bottle. He poured them straight into his mouth, swallowing them.

Jack walked into the room, just as he downed the pills.

"You promised."

"I-"

"If you want to die so much just-" he stopped mid sentence, he knew if he said what he wanted he'd regret it.

"Finish that sentence."

"You know I love you, I want you to stay alive."

"Finish that sentence."

"Why?! So you can watch me plead for your forgiveness, so you don't have to beg for mine?!" Jack yelled while tears streamed down his face. "I just want you to stop."

"It's an addiction Jack! I can't just make it go away! I can't just stop!"

Mark began tearing up.

"Maybe we should stop." Jack said after they both began to calm down.

Mark's heart broke at his boyfriends words, "What do you mean?"

"I can't do this anymore. If you're just going to lie to me...if you're just going to push me away despite how much I love and care about you..I can't do this."

"Jack please don't-"

"You know this is hard for me! But I have to make the right decision! Us being together wouldn't turn out well, ok?! You know that! Don't make this harder than it already is! It's done, Mark! We're done."

And with that, Jack gathered up his things and walked out of the house, not another word was spoken.