Parties Aren't My Thing

~ Septiplier One Shot ~

1292 Words

Parties aren't really Jack's scene, but somehow he was convinced by his best friend, Marzia, to go...okay and maybe he was going to see Mark Fischbach too...
* Small Mentions Of Underage Drinking And Marijuana, Fluff *

Jack's POV:

I don't know why I'm here, leaning against a wall, a red plastic cup filled with some sort of alcoholic beverage in my hand, surrounded by tons of drunk teenagers. Why did I let Marzia convince me to come here? Parties suck, they're full of teenage delinquents, alcohol, and marijuana. This is not something I'd usually attend, but Marzia wanted to come and guilted me into joining her. Don't get me wrong, I love Marzia, and I'd do anything for her, but the only reason I'm really here is to possibly see my crush.

Ah, Mark Fischbach, the varsity-jacket-wearing, football playing jock with that fiery red hair I love oh so dearly. He's so hot, but he'd never talk to me, I'm too nerdy and way out of his league. Oh fuck, there he is, act cool! I spotted his red hair through the crowd of people, pretending to be busy on my phone, attempting to act as though I haven't been looking for him all night. Our eyes met for a brief moment, when I looked up from my phone, before another pair of eyes replaced his.

"H-Hey, Jack," a girl's shy voice piped up in front of me.

Signe.

Losing sight of Mark, I look to the shy, nerdy girl in front of me. Signe is really nice, and really cute, if I were straight I'd probably date her. It's a shame I'm not, though, she's had a crush on me since second grade, we're seniors now.

She stands in front of me, blushing behind her round glasses, brushing a piece of her shoulder-length brown hair behind her ear.

"Oh, hey Signe," I smiled, setting my cup down on a nearby table, not interested in it.

"Didn't expect to see you here," she let out an awkward giggle, trying to make small talk.

"Likewise."

Look, Signe's a nice girl, and if she wasn't trying (and failing) to flirt with me all the time, I'd love to be friends with her, but I'd rather not have awkward small talk with her. I looked around for Marzia, hoping to God she'd bail me out of this situation.

"Cool party though, huh?"

"Uh huh," I nodded, sighing when I couldn't find Marzia amongst the crowd. "I-I have to go find Marzia, sorry, Signe. See you later?"

"Oh, uh, sure," she seemed slightly sad, but she nodded and allowed me to walk off.

Sure, I feel bad, but it's just so damn awkward talking to her. My eyes scanned the room as I gently shoved past several people, crinkling my nose at the scent of alcohol and marijuana. As I pushed my way through, my body collided with another, making me fall.

"Ouch," I mumbled as my ass hit the floor.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Here," a caring male voice apologized.

I looked up, seeing a patch of fiery red hair and a hand extended toward me. My heart fluttered as I allowed him to pull me back to my feet, our hands touching only momentarily.

"I-It's fine," I assured him.

"Jack?" He questioned with a confused, but amused, look.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Didn't strike you as the party kind of guy," he shrugged. "Hey, a bunch of us are gonna go play 'spin the bottle', wanna join?"

Had I heard him correctly? Did my crush just invite me to join a game of 'spin the bottle' with him? A game in which I have a slight possibility of kissing him? My heart pounded in my chest at the thought of possibly kissing Mark.

"Uh, I-I don't know. I-"

"C'mon, it'll be fun," he insisted, grabbing my hand and leading me off to who-knows-where.

I attempted to protest, knowing it wouldn't matter because it was impossible to be heard over the blaring music. Eventually, we made it out of the crowd, to an open spot in the middle of the room. About 8 people were sat in a circle in the small clearing, an empt beer bottle in between them. The people scooted over to make room for Mark and I, but they only made enough space for one person. Mark sat down, and as I was about to awkwardly walk away, he pulled me onto his lap. Blushing wildly, I adjusted and sat up in his lap, feeling him wrap an arm around me, a smirk on his face. Across the circle, I saw a platinum blonde haired girl glare at me.

"Who wants to go first?" A blonde boy with a Swedish accent questioned.

"I will," a brown haired boy, I recognized as Ryan Magee, volunteered.

He spun the bottle, and I watched it twirl around, passing me, landing on a boy, Matt Watson. Matt blushed as everyone around them aww'd and giggled. They both leaned towards each other, meeting in the middle of the circle, and allowed their lips to touch. It lasted a few seconds, both boys blushing and acting awkward as they took their seats again. People giggled. The game continued, girls kissing boys, girls kissing girls, boys kissing boys.

After a few people, I stopped paying attention, my eyes trailing over Mark's facial features. He had a strong jawline, a small amount of scruff on his face, warm nutmeg eyes, and rosy lips. My front teeth latched onto my bottom lip as I watched his Adam's apple bob when he swallowed.

"Jack, you wanna go?" The Swedish boy asked.

"Oh, uh," I blushed, looking toward the bottle. "S-Sure."

Reaching into the center, I pushed the bottle, gently spinning it. My eyes followed the bottle, watching it spin around. Once it stopped, I followed the direction it faced, noticing it was pointed toward me. Well, me and Mark. Heat rushing to my face, I looked up to see nutmeg eyes looking into my own. He grinned, lifting my chin with one finger, tilting my head up, leaning in and pressing our lips lightly together.

Butterflies filled my stomach, my heart beating quicker. My eyes fluttered closed before the kiss was over. It was short, but soft and passionate. When my eyes reopened, Mark had a smile on his face. Everyone around giggled and smiled at us, well, everyone except that platinum blonde girl. Amy, I think her name was. If I'm not mistaken, I believe she and Mark just broke up. I'm not sure the reasoning, but I knew she was still into him.

After a while of giggling and lots of kissing, the game ended. Everyone went on to join more friends and enjoy the party. I went to stand up, feeling Mark wrap another arm around me. Our eyes met once again, me blushing like an idiot when they did, him smiling. His eyes left mine for just a moment, and I looked over to see him moving the bottle. The bottle now pointed at me.

"Oh, looks like I have to kiss you again," he smiled goofily.

God, he's so cute.

I giggled a bit, smiling, "I-I guess you do."

Grinning, he gently put his hand on my cheek, pressing our lips together again. This time, the kiss lasted a bit longer, but it was still sweet and soft. Our lips moved in synchronized movements, my eyes fluttering closed as I smiled into the kiss. It was perfect, so was this night. Thank God I let Marzia convince me to come here.

-

(A/N): today was a really good day, love you guys:)