Broken Promises

~ Septiplier One Shot ~

778 Words

Mark began to take steroids to build muscle mass for football, his boyfriend, Jack, finds the bottle of pills and tells him he needs to stop

*Depressing Thoughts and/or Actions*

Third Person POV:

Mark opened the small container and poured some of its contents into his hand, steroids. He threw the pills into his mouth. The boy had become dependent on these drugs. Originally he started taking them because of football, but he became addicted, he needed them. He's been getting sick too, nothing life threatening has happened yet, but his blood pressure is very high and he's been feeling very ill.

Jack has been getting worried about Mark, he seems like he's hiding something. They always tell each other everything, why would Mark keep secrets from his boyfriend, his best friend?

Currently, Jack is on his way to Mark's house. They are supposed to study and just hang out, he's going to stay the night. Mark's parents are gone for the weekend so they are going to just be lazy and do couple things all weekend.

But, Mark is a little worried about this weekend. He can tell Jack is suspicious and he's afraid. They promised to never keep anything from each other, Mark broke that promise. He's too much of a coward to tell the boy he's love more than anything in the world, the truth.

Mark swallowed a few pills before putting them in his sock drawer. Jack arrived moments later. They shared a quick kiss and hug before they walked into Mark's room.

Mark was acting very strange while they were studying, always looking away from Jack, being really fidgety, and he was barely talking. Now Jack knew something was wrong.

"Mark what's wrong?" Mark looked up, surprised by the question.

"What do you mean?"

"You're acting so strange lately. What's going on with you?"

"Nothing, don't worry, ok? I promise it's nothing, love." Mark said before kissing Jack's cheek.

The rest of the night, Mark tried hard to act like his normal self, he just felt so guilty. He was lying right to Jack's face, he's such an asshole.

"I'll be right back," Mark stated standing up.

Jack nodded and Mark walked out of the room to go to the restroom and calm down.

Jack started getting kind of cold. He figured Mark wouldn't mind if he borrowed some socks. He opened Mark's sock drawer and looked for a pair a little closer to his size. Then, he saw something that shouldn't be in a sock drawer, especially not Mark's. A bottle of steroids. What made the situation even worse was that the bottle was already close to being empty.

Mark walked back into the room and noticed Jack was now standing up and....holding a bottle of pills.

"Mark?" Jack said, starting to tear up.

"Jack I can explain.."

"Why would you take these?"

"I need them."

"Mark, why didn't you tell me?"

"It's not that big a deal, Jack. Please don't cry, love."

"You can't take these anymore."

"Jack-"

"Please tell me you'll stop.." Jack said holding in sobs.

"I can't, I need them."

"Mark you could get really sick. You could get liver disease, or kidney disease, and so much worse. Please don't take them anymore. Promise me."

"Jack I can't.."

"You're promises don't mean anything anymore anyways."

Mark felt a pain in his chest.

"Jack I'm sorry-"

He clutched his chest, before falling to the floor.

"Mark! What happened?!" Jack dropped to the floor beside his boyfriend."

"Don't worry, Mark, I'll call an ambulance. Everything's gonna be ok."

Jack dialed 911 and told them everything. They said they were on their way. Jack started sobbing and trying to get Mark to respond. He heard sirens in the distance and everything kicked in. He could lose Mark, forever.

*Two Hours Later*

Mark awoke in a brightly lit room, the sound of machines beeping the only thing breaking the silence, well along with someone sobbing.

After his eyes adjusted to the lighting he looked over toward the sound of sobbing and saw Jack sitting in a chair, holding tightly onto his hand. The green haired boy's face was bright red, as if he'd been crying for hours.

Jack's eyes met Mark's and he leaped out of his chair, hugging Mark tightly.

"I-I thought I lost you.."

"It's ok, I'm here. What happened?"

"You had a heart attack, you almost died."

Mark didn't respond, he didn't know how to.

"Mark, you can't take those pills anymore. Please promise me. Please, I can't lose you. I love you so much."

"I promise. I love you too."