Angels and Demons

For centuries, the upper and lower worlds have butted heads. They've never agreed on much and had completely different outlooks on all situations.

The Angels in the upper world believed in solving problems through knowledge and debate.

The Demons of the lower world, however, thought that the only solution to a problem was to figure out who the strongest was. The best won the brawl and their way was the answer.

Every four years, the two worlds met to renew their peace treaty. Six decades ago, the worlds' ancestors decided to keep their worlds separate.

This was the four year mark.

Park Jimin, a guard for the upper world's leader- Namjoon- was chosen to accompany his leader to the meeting.

He wasn't about to pass up the opportunity of seeing the Demons, for he had only heard tales of them.

His mother said they had nasty, spiraling horns on their heads and his father said their wings were black like a crow. His younger sibling came home from teachings one day, spouting tales of how he saw a Demon on the world border.

But that was years ago, when Jimin was eight hundred years old. Now he's one-thousand and his brother doesn't even remember seeing the Demon.

"Jimin, we're going in now. Stay alert." Seokjin, another upper world guard, snapped him from his thoughts.

"Yes, hyung," Jimin nodded and placed his left hand on his sword scabbard as he was supposed to.

The tall, golden double doors opened up and Jimin's eyes widened.

The grand room in front of them was spectacular. Half the room was an Angel wing white and the other a crow feather black.

A large rectangular table sat in the middle, exactly in the middle. It had two chairs on opposite sides from one another. It seemed that sections of the room were designated for Angels or Demons, but not both.

"Don't cross to the demon's side. This room is just like the boarder," Seok Jin mumbled to him as they entered the room.

"They're late again," Namjoon sighed then went to take a seat at the table.

From his spot at Namjoon's side, all Jimin could focus on was the dark, metal doors directly across the room from the doors they entered. In fact, the entire room seemed symmetrical.

"Do they come from that door?" Jimin voiced his thoughts.

"Yes," Namjoon stated, "Their leader is always late though. He has been for the last century. I think it's because he sleeps all the time."

"No ill words," Seokjin reminded him.

"Right," their leader cleared his throat, "Running the lower world must be more tiresome than running the upper world."

Just then, the black doors clicked and opened, revealing a group of people similar to the Angels' group.

Jimin watched as a Demon with brown hair- and no wings- walked in and stood across from Seokjin. A black haired Demon stood across from Jimin and then a green haired Demon took a seat at the table.

"Thanks for coming," the Angel's leader murmured.

"I was napping," the green haired Demon yawned out.

Jimin kept his eyes forward, as he was supposed to watch every move the Demon in front of him made.

They don't look like mother told me at all, Jimin thought.

The Demons had horns, but they weren't all that big; more like baby deer antlers when they were just starting to form, although pointy.

And their wings were black, but also beautiful. They were fuller, or thicker than Angel wings.