Busan Witch

Picture posted by @ZoetheAnimator on aminoapps.com. found it through Google.
--------------------

Jisun sighed as she watched her children throwing sticks and rocks into the forest. It scared her to see them so close to the trees.

The legend of the witch was interesting to her children, yet frightening to her. Though her children disregarded her fear, she knew it was rational. One of the village men never came home after the witch seduced him.

~~~~~~~~

"Jungkook! I've told you to stay away from the woods! Why are you over there again!" Jisun held her youngest by the shoulder as she yelled to her oldest.

"I'm tryna see the witch, Eomma!"

"Come back! There could be a snake or something!" She sighed and looked to her youngest, "Yugyeomie, don't ever act like your brother."

"Okay, Eomma."

Just then, a bone-chilling scream caught Jisun's attention and she looked back towards the forest.

Jungkook.

And some...thing.

A thing had her son tackled to the ground. Her son was screaming. So Jisun ran. She ran faster than she ever had in her life. Nothing else mattered but getting to Jungkook and getting that thing off him.

Oh, God, please don't let it be a bear or wolf. She had no weapon to kill it, and she would kill it. Nothing hurts her babies and gets away with it.

The closer Jisun got, the more she realized, the thing was a person. A person cloaked in black with silver hair. Then it became clear as she stood over her son and the person, that this person was a witch. A witch's child. A witch child.

"In the name of the Lord, you let my son go, you unjust fiend!"

The child looked up to her, his lips dripping with blood, and hissed. Then, the witch ran away like an animal- on all fours.

"Eomma!" Jungkook wailed, holding his arms out towards her.

Jisun let out a sob then fell to her knees, collecting her child into her arms. His shoulder was bleeding through his shirt and it only made her weep harder as she tore off a strip of her dress and made a crappy bandage.

"Eomma, I'm sorry," Jungkook cried, "I'm sorry! Th-They told me it wasn't real! They said it-it w-wasn't re-eal!"

"Who!?" She cupped her child's face and wiped away his tears, "Who said that!? Who lied to you!?!"

"Th-The e-elders."

~~~~~~~~~

"You told my children that the witch was a lie?!" Jisun slammed her hands down on the council table.

"The witch is dead, Jisun," the head council member sighed, "We killed her on a hunt."

"She had a son!" Jisun pulled Jungkook forward and pulled the collar of his shirt down, "Now my son is marked and it's your lies that did this!"

The elders all seemed to turn pale simultaneously and they exchanged glances.

"Eomma, what do you mean I'm marked?" Jungkook's voice held worry, but he didn't get an answer as the council erupted into conversation.

"Mrs. Jeon," the oldest woman stood and pressed her hands together, "We must place your son in a safe facility where he will be monitored by the priest."

"A facility? No. No! This is your fault! You are not taking my son!"

"Mrs. Jeon-"

"I'll slit your throats before I give him up. Now, you lied to my children. You must take responsibility."