Mythical Problems

It was four months after the Angel gave birth to their beautiful baby girl when her wings came in. Her name was Raina.

She had one white wing and one black wing, both beautiful and equal in size. Her hair was a dark brown and eyes charcoal black, yet her orbs had the Angel halos of innocence surrounding her irises.

Raina didn't seem to have any defects, despite her parents being of two different species.

Jimin realized once again that the lessons he learned as a child were all lies.

Jungkook spent less time earning wages, but Jimin didn't mind. Their garden was plentiful this spring and they'd started raising livestock as well.

As Raina grew and grew, she started to try and fly. Her wings would flap, but it'd be out of sync and she couldn't get the hang of it.

Jimin was worried sick that Raina, being the cross species that she was, would need special attention that she could not get in a mortal village.

Jungkook agreed and they were both at a loss for what to do.
That was...until Tae Hyung came to visit them.

--------------------

"Jimin," the older Demon cradled the couple's sleeping, seven month old baby, "She's so beautiful. Her wings are magnificent."

"Tae Hyung," Jimin gripped Jungkook's knee, "We need to ask you a favor."

"Anything," Tae nodded.

"Take Raina and raise her as your own," Jimin quietly spoke.

Jungkook dropped his head, a small sob spilling from his lips.

Jimin leaned over and nuzzled his Demon, trying his best to comfort him.

"What?" Tae asked.

"We can't keep her around mortals, Tae Hyung-"

"But she's everything you ever wanted. Jungkook, you can't be okay with this!"

"Of course I'm not okay with it! I want my baby to stay, but...I can't take her wings from her. She needs to grow as an Immortal would. Actually, she needs to grow and be like you."

Tae Hyung bit his lip and looked back to Jimin, who was now weeping.

"Please. Take her and raise her well. If anyone could teach our child the values they need, it's you."

Taehyung looked to the baby in his arms and sighed, "Jimin, are you absolutely sure you can't come back with me?"

"Yes, Tae. I can't, we can't. We need you Taehyung, now more than ever. Take our baby, keep her alive and healthy. Let her be an example for integration between Angels and Demons."

So Taehyung left with Raina that night, promising Jimin he'd bring her back to see them whenever he could.

Jungkook collapsed in bed as soon as he made it to the piece of furniture, breaking out in tears he'd only ever let Jimin see.

The Angel quickly hurried to bed and laid behind his Demon, his head pressed against Kook's back as his arm snaked around Jung's side.

The Demon wept for hours until he fell asleep. Jimin wouldn't let himself sleep until Jungkook had calmed, so once the younger was asleep, so was the Angel.

---------------------

"My beautiful Angel," Jimin woke the next morning to these words. He easily recognized his Demon's voice and he couldn't help but smile and open his eyes.

Jungkook was still asleep, facing his Angel and mumbling.

Jimin giggled and reached out to swipe his finger across the Demon's cheek.