Trust Me Pt. 2

"Park Jun Hae, stop running up the steps!" Jimin barked, a bit paranoid since the eight year old fell up them last week.

"Let him go, Chim. He'll learn," Jungkook readjusted the shopping bags on his fingers, "Just like how he learned that milk makes bubbles."

"And that made a mess," Jimin crossed his arms and pouted.

"I cleaned it up, it was fine. Life gets messy sometimes."

"Yeah," Jimin grumbled, shrugging it off for now as they reached Jimin's apartment door.

The smaller unlocked the door and Jun Hae dashed in, excited to get his new toy out and play with it.

Jungkook brought the shopping bags in, taking them to the kitchen table where he and Jimin started putting away groceries.

Jun Hae crawled into his dining chair, and looked into one of the bags, pouting when he only saw beans and syrup.

"What's the matter, buddy?" Jungkook tapped his son's chin, "Why the long face?"

"Toy," Jun muttered.

"Oh, well, I'm sure it's in one of these bags. Don't worry, Daddy'll find it."

The child sat back in his chair as Jungkook went through some of the bags. It didn't take more than a minute for Jungkook to find Jun's new matchbox car and to hand it to his son.

The kid's eyes lit up and he grabbed the package, quickly tearing in to it to get the car.

"Junie, what do you say to Daddy?"

"Thank you, Daddy."

"You're welcome, buddy," the tallest crouched down and quickly kissed his son's cheek.

Jun Hae returned the kiss, then rushed off to the living room.

Jimin giggled at that, trying his best to put a bag of marshmallows into one of the higher cabinets.

Jungkook stood up and moved across the kitchen, standing behind the shorter and easily taking the bag before sitting it on the right shelf.

Jimin quickly turned around, only to find himself boxed into the corner with Jungkook's arm trapping him in.

The younger looked down, noticing Jimin's discomfort and quickly stepped back, "Sorry."

"Thanks for helping," Jimin smiled softly then went back to the table.

Kook ran a hand through his hair before he went to stand next to the smaller male, "I can finish this. Jaebum'll be here in a little bit, right? You should go get ready."

The older's shoulders dropped and he sighed, "Are you sure you're okay watching him tonight? I can still reschedule with him until next weekend."

"No, no. Go. Have fun. I can handle it."

Jimin pulled the syrup out of the bag he'd reached into and then sat it on the counter before he smiled up at the younger, "Thanks, Kookie."

"No problem," Kook smiled back.

Jimin gripped the other's arm as he passed him, leaving to go to his bedroom.

Jungkook sighed, staring at the shopping bags before he got to work finishing up.

-------------

"Got all your stuff for tomorrow ready?" Jimin crouched next to Jun's bed and the eight year old rushed to lay down, "Have all your school stuff in your bag?"

"Yes Appa."

Jimin smiled, pulling the blankets over his son before pecking his forehead, "Love you, baby."