Tattoos Pt. 1

"Park Jae Wook! Get in here and eat your dinner!" Jimin called to his six year old son, who really couldn't have paid less attention to his dad.

The twenty-six year old ran his fingers through his hair, huffing out a sigh, "Please," he asked quietly.

Jae Wook dropped his head, looking away from the tv screen which displayed the daily news.

Jae wasn't like normal kids, Jimin noticed this. He was a cold and distant character, much unlike his father and mother both. Jimin blamed it on the divorce and the fights before said separation.

Slowly and quietly, Jae Wook cleaned up his art supplies and put them on the coffee table before moving to the kitchen and taking a seat at the dining table.

Jimin waited for Jae to start eating before he dug into his own plate.

"Appa," Jae quietly called to him, to which his father looked at him, "I told you last week I don't like beans."

Jimin's hope disappeared and he nodded, "Sorry, baby. It slipped my mind."

"It's okay," Jae Wook whispered, pausing a bit before he said, "I know you're trying your best."

Somehow, that made all Jae Wook's stubbornness become something Jimin didn't mind. Just the simple acknowledgement from his son, the understanding phrase from him...Jimin forced himself not to cry at that moment.

----------------------

"Jungkook," Jiyong called to his youngest worker, "I'm closing up, what're you still doing here? It's midnight."

"Nothing," Kook stood up and grabbed his jacket, "Just sketching."

"Okay, well, your biggest fan's outside waiting for you," Jiyong smirked and stepped to the side as the younger passed him.

Jungkook shook his head as he recognized the familiar coat of the boy who always came to visit him, "It's freezing out there. Where the hell are this kid's parents?"

"Ask him," Jiyong pat Jung's shoulder, "He's very open when you ask him things. Kinda sounds like you, Jungkookie."

The younger adult sighed and walked outside, the bells of the store ringing above his head as the door opened.

He moved over to the kid and crouched in front of him, putting his hat on the kid's head, "What're you doing here? It's late and cold."

"I drew something for you," the kid said, pulling a paper from his pocket.

It was folded into a very uneven square and crumpled around the edges, but Jungkook still took it from him and unfolded it.

Kook smirked a bit, actually a bit impressed by the kid's work.

It was a bird, a crow. The outline was a bit messy and the color staggered and crossed in places, but the beak and eye were perfect.

"This is good, kid," Kook looked up, but found the youngster gone. He looked down the sidewalk in both directions but didn't see even a trace of the kid.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

---------------------

The front door shutting jolted Jimin from his nap. He sat up, hand shooting to his mouth to check for drool and he turned around in the dining chair he was sitting in.

Jae Wook was taking his shoes off at the front door and hanging his coat up.

Jimin rushed over and bent down to his height, "Where did you go?"