Our Garden (Continuation of This is My Garden!) [End]

"Jeon Bunny!" Jimin giggled, running towards the small group of rabbits gathered at the edge of the yard.

Jungkook's ears flattened as a couple of his friends laughed. He was the youngest, so they always teased him anyway, but Jimin always made it worse.

The youngest rabbit slowly turned to watch the cabbage come to a stop beside him, "What's going on, Hyung?"

"Seriously?" Jimin pouted, pushing a leaf from his face, "Today's when they're doing the turnip races!"

Jungkook stared at him for a while, then his expression fell and he sighed, "I'm sorry Hyung....really. I forgot all about it. I told my friends we could go look for snacks."

Jimin's smile left him completely and he glanced at the other rabbits before he dropped his eyes to the ground, "Oh."

"I'm sorry."

"No," Jimin said, an obviously fake smile on his lips, "Maybe next year."

"Go on, Kook," one of the white rabbits teased. "We can manage without you."

"No," Jimin lifted his head and turned away, "I said it's okay. I mean it. Maybe next year."

"Hyung-"

Jimin slapped the younger's hand away as he tried to grip his arm. "I said I'm fine. Just go," he ran off with that, going faster than any of the rabbits could hope to.

"Whiny little shit," the same white rabbit mumbled. "I'm hungry, let's get going."

"Dowookie," the oldest rabbit lightly thumped the white rabbit, "You don't have to be mean when he's around."

Dowook snorted, "He's annoying. I'm sure I'm doing Kook a favor."

"Do hyung," a brown rabbit shook his head.

"No...he's," Jungkook turned back to them and softly smiled, "He's right. I grew up but Jimin hyung never had to."

"Well, I like him," the oldest crossed his arms, "He's definitely nicer than you assholes. 'Didn't even call Kookie a jerk for blowing their plans. I think he deserves better."

-------------------

The next day, Jungkook went to Jimin's patch, finding the older's mother pulling weeds.

"Mrs. Park?"

She looked up and a bright smile came over her lips, "Well, well," she stood up and dusted off her leaves, "If it isn't our protector. How are you sweetheart?"

"Fine, thank you," Jung smiled sheepishly, "Um...is Jimin hyung home? I need to talk with him."

"He is here," she sighed, "But he's been moping around since yesterday. I don't know what could've happened, he was so excited to see the races."

"Actually," Jungkook's ears fell and he let out a breath, "I told him that I'd take him, but I forgot and we didn't get to go."

"Oh, dear," she sighed again, "Well, that would explain it. I'll tell him you're here. I'm sure he'll come out to see you."

"Thank you."

-----------------

It took a while, almost an hour, for Jimin to stop pouting and come out to sit next to his rabbit friend.

They sat in silence for a while, at the edge of the garden, watching the sun go down, before Jungkook reached over and grabbed the older's hand.

Jimin pulled away, afraid his leaves would be weird for Jungkook, but the rabbit stole his hand again and they sat there quietly for another long while.

When the moon was barely visible, Jimin turned to his friend and asked, "Do you hate me, Jungkook? Am I too annoying now?"

The rabbit swallowed harshly then shook his head, "No, hyung. I...I.."

Jimin moved closer and started playing with the rabbits claws, "You can tell me, Jungkookie."

The younger sighed, glancing at Jimin, "I'm sorry I broke my promise. I know how bad you wanted to see the race. I swear on my life we'll go next year."

Jimin let out a soft hum, "It's not that I just wanted to see the race. I...wanted to have a good time with you...you know...before winter."

Jungkook hung his head in shame, ears pinned back in sorrow. He forgot that Jimin goes away for the winter.

"But it's okay," Jimin whispered, "This is enough. Being here right now is enough. Promise."

"It's not enough for me," the rabbit admitted.

"Huh?"

"You aren't smiling like normal," Jungkook pouted, "I don't like that."

Jimin blushed and turned back to watch the sun set again, "I'm happy, Jungkookie. I promise. I'm happy because we're friends. Because we spend time together, even if it isn't all the time."

Jungkook turned back to the sun as well, letting himself pull Jimin close before he rest his head atop the cabbage's leaves. "I'm happy too, Hyung. You help me be happy."

Jimin giggled, wrapping his arms around the taller's waist, "I'm glad. Means our team won't ever split up. We can protect our garden together forever."