Trust Me Pt. 6

Jungkook had been laying around on the couch all day, but when twelve thirty rolled around, he got up and made a small lunch.

He knew Jimin came back around one, so he made him a sandwich too.

The thought of that morning came back to him and he couldn't stop smiling. He didn't really believe Jimin had forgiven him at first. He just thought his little Chim felt guilty that his psycho ex almost broke his neck.

But the tears and the hug. Jimin never cries in front of other people. He's small, but he doesn't want to be seen as weak.

And the kisses. The mere memory of the kisses made him almost lose his mind. There was no way. After all this time, after all the time Jimin spent trying to move on.

Although, Jungkook was ecstatic that Jimin was wanting to try Them again.

"Jungkook!"

Jung grinned and pushed himself up from the table, making his way to the living room. He found Jimin peering up the stairs as he took off his shoes.

"D'you have a good day?" The younger moved closer and Jimin looked to him.

"Oh...no, but I need to go to work, so I can't change it."

"Yeah...I'm glad I got a doctor's note."

Jimin laughed and carefully closed the gap between them.

"Chimch-"

The smaller male jumped a little and wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck, leaning into the taller and smiling up at him.

"Jimin, ribs."

"Oh, shit! Sorry," the older pulled back and quickly placed his hands on Jung's hips, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, just...when you're flirting, you should be gentle."

"I- Kookie, I wasn't flirting!"

Kook laughed and wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist, "Then what do you call it?"

Jimin lost his defensive edge and he shrugged, "Was just tryna' be cute."

"You don't have to try, Chim."

The older lightly pushed Jungkook back only to bring him forward again, "You used to like it when I acted cute."

"I also used to like to watch you and Tae Hyung mock cheerleaders."

"We were good! Our high kicks went straight out, we were flawless."

Kook laughed and nodded, adoring the smile that spread across Jimin's lips.

"Do you miss Tae?" Jimin bit his lip, "Cause I do...sometimes, when I think about them."

"I do. I miss all the hyungs, but...I can't say I'd pick them over you and Junie. I still message them, but I guess...you don't have everyone's new numbers, huh?"

"No," Jimin shook his head and looked to Jungkook's chest.

"I'll give them to you," Jung ran his fingers through the smaller's hair, "Do you...want Seokjin hyung's number?"

After a bit of careful consideration, Jimin nodded, "I miss him too. No one's mothered me for years and...I miss it."

"Thanks, Jimin," the taller smiled, "It means a lot that you're trying."

The older nodded.

"Now, I made you a sandwich, your favorite, so go and eat," Jungkook kissed the shorter's forehead, "Welcome home."

"Oh, stop watching so much anime," Jimin pouted, lightly smacking the other's arm as he moved towards the kitchen.

---------------