Chapter 2.

"Do you want fries with that?" The boy with the black quiff and snakebites asks me whilst taking a quick scan of my body and giving me a cute smirk. God he was hot. I pull my lip between my teeth and continue writing my first essay of this year. What I did during my summer break. A big fucking childish, don't you think? Well let's see, suicidal thoughts, arguing with my family, binge eating and putting on a lot of weight. I visited my mother and we went boat riding, a summer tradition for our family. No one outside of my family needs to know about the hell raving in my mind.

"If everyone could leave their essays on my desk with their names printed clearly at the top, then you are all dismissed," my new psychology teacher who's name I've learned to be Miss Smith says and I put my essay on her desk and rush out of the room. The hot boy from earlier is behind me, talking to one of his friends. "Hey, cute girl!" I hear him shout, and I continue walking to my next class, art, there's no way he's talking to me. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see who it is, and it's him.

"I called you and you ignored me," he says and pouts. He looks adorable.

"I'm sorry, I just, when you said cute girl I just," I stutter.

"Don't worry about it, what's your name?" He asks me.

"I'm Lana," I say and my cheeks flush.

"Nice to meet you, Lana, I'm Drew. Have you just moved to New York or something because your accent doesn't sound like you're from round here?"

"Yeah I have, I'm originally from London but I wanted to come here for college," I say and he begins to lean against the wall. I glance at my timetable and realise I've got a free period, my next class doesn't start until 11.

"Shouldn't you be getting to class?" He asks me.

"No, I've got a free period now."

"Same. Do you want to grab a coffee?" He asks me and my cheeks flush a darker shade of red.

"Yeah I guess," I reply.

"Come on then, my car is only out here," he says and leads me to his car. He unlocks it and I climb in the passenger seat. He puts the key in the ignition and begins to drive to the other side of campus.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" He asks me, making conversation after a few minutes of driving with silence.

"'Nothing, studying I guess," I say and realise he's pulling out of campus. "Aren't you just gonna go to the coffee house on campus?"

"Don't be silly, we're going to my apartment. We've got two hours to kill," he says with a smirk, "I'm not having sex with you though if that's what you're thinking."

"Oh no, I wasn't thinking that," I assure him. We talk about classes and finally we talk about his piercings and tattoos. He got his first tattoo at 15, a moon design on his wrist. I find out that he's 18, and he has his whole right arm covered in tattoos. A few minutes pass by and we pull up outside the tall block of apartments that I live in.

"This is where I live," I say.

"That is strange, who knew we would've ended up being neighbours," he says with a giggle. We get in the elevator and he presses 18, I live all the way right at the top, on floor 26.  The elevator doors open with a ding, and we go to the door of the first apartment on the left. He puts the key inside and Slipknot fills my ears, so someone else must be in. I hear someone singing along on the other side of one of the doors lined up along the hallway. Despite us living in the same block, his apartment has a different layout to mine.

"That's Josh, he doesn't live here but I let him hang out here, he lives at a frat house. He brings girls here all the time," Drew says.

"Oh okay," I smile.