Chapter 20.

We step out of the elevator and look down the hall and I see Drew and Jason. Me and Harper walk up towards them, both of them noticing us and smiling.

"Hey Drew," I say, hugging him. He hugs me back quickly.

"Hello Jason," I say and stand on my tiptoes to reach up and kiss him. He kisses me back quickly and I step away, "this is my friend Harper. Harper, this is my friend Drew and this is my boyfriend Jason."

"Nice to meet you two," she says and smiles. They say the same thing back and I lean into Jason's shoulder.

"Why are you two out here and not inside?" I ask, realising we're still outside of my apartment.

"I locked myself out," Jason says and we all laugh.

"Dickhead," I mock and grab my keys out of my pocket to let us all in. Everyone files in as I hold the door open, and close it behind Harper who was the last person in. We all walk into the front room and take seats on the sofa and armchairs. I take a seat on Jason's lap on the armchair and we both lean back and lay down.

"How was your day baby?" He asks me, his arm around my waist.

"It was good, me and Harper had to perform in drama," I tell him.

"Oh, how did it go?" He asks Harper.

"Good, Lana did ten times better than me," she says causing me to blush.

"Don't say that," I say, hiding my face in Jason's shoulder.

"You did though. Is it cool if I smoke in here?" She asks me.

"Yeah sure, just use that empty beer can as an ashtray," I say, signalling to the can on the coffee table. She brings a cigarette to her lips, lighting it and inhaling the smoke. Her phone vibrates in her pocket and she proceeds to pull it and answer it. She talks back and forth for a few minutes.

"Lana, I'm so sorry but I've got to go, my little sister's broken her arm or something," she tells me, cigarette still lit in her mouth. She puts it out and stands up.

"I'll show you out, one second," I say, untangling myself from Jason's grasp. "One second," I whisper to him as I get up and smile at Harper. She follows me to the door and I hug her before opening it.

"Thanks for inviting me round today, I'm sorry I couldn't have stayed longer," she says, smiling at me.

"That's okay, maybe another time," I reply.

"Sure, I'll see you at college tomorrow," she says as my hand reaches up to the latch on the door. I pull it open and there is a girl leaning on the wall next to my front door.

"Can I help you?" I ask once Harper has disappeared into the elevator. She stands from the wall and faces me to reveal bloodshot eyes, messy light brown hair and makeup smudged down her cheeks.

"It is you Lana," she says and I realise she looks familiar. I saw her at the last party I was at with Jason, she was the girl who ran off when I made out with him.

"You are?" I say, puzzled.

"I got the right house, wahoo," she says, her arms in the air, a bottle of vodka half empty in her hand. She then pushes past me and into my apartment.

"Jason!" She calls out. Drew emerges from the front room and steps in front of her.

"Sophie, what the fuck are you doing here? And why are you looking for Jason?" He asks her in a stern tone.

"L-l-looking for my baby," she says and trips over one of my converse shoes, spilling vodka on my black carpet. I sigh and face palm at how drunk she is. I hear heavy footsteps coming into the hallway and Jason's tall figure can be seen at the end of the hall. He approaches us and pushes past Drew, grabbing Sophie's arm. He pushes past me with her stumbling along behind him.

"Hiii, babyyy," she slurs. Who the fuck does she think she is calling my boyfriend 'baby'? Jeez, I never pegged myself as the jealous type until this very moment. My right eyebrow is raised, my jaw clenched and my arms folded over my chest as I watch Jason drag her out of my apartment, the scent of cheap vodka filling the atmosphere as it falls from her bottle and onto my carpet.

"I'm so sorry about her, she's a psycho," Drew says to me, shuffling awkwardly, a way I've never seen him before.

"It's whatever, I just wish Jason was more open with me," I say and go into the sitting room and take a seat.

"Fancy a cigarette?" Drew asks me, sitting next to me.

"That would calm me down a lot right now," I say, taking him up on his offer. He smiles and hands me the cigarette and lighter. I put the cigarette to my lips and I light it with the lighter. I inhale, lighting the cigarette and the warm smoke fills my lungs. Exhaling, I feel instantly relaxed. I haven't smoked since I'd moved here, I was going to give it up. But one cigarette wouldn't hurt, it's only calming me down.

"Can I ask you something?" Drew asks as I take a drag on the cigarette.

"Sure," I say, taking a few more puffs before putting the cig out.

"How do you feel about Jason?"

"I really, really like him. He's become so important to me, he means so much to me. He makes me so happy. He really does. He evens my moods out for me, he can make me happy so easily. Just by smiling at me or looking at me with passion in his eyes. I fell for him that night at the party, he makes me feel things I've never felt before."

AUTHORS NOTE

this bitch Sophie I stg.
Sorry for the late update I just woke up 😂 have a good day everyone x