Chapter 23.

"What's the date?" I ask Jason when I see him sitting up at the edge of the bed. He unlocks his phone and takes a glance, rubbing his eyes.

"1st of November," he tells me.

"Yay, six more days," I say, realising I turn seventeen in a week.

"Until?"

"My birthday," I tell him, sitting up and stretching.

"Oh, you never said, less time to plan now," he says and turns around and pouts at me.

"You're not getting me anything," I tell him, adjusting my vest top.

"Of course I am, and I'm going to take you out. Don't even say anything," he says, reaching over and putting his hand over my mouth. I lick his palm and he flinched his hand away but lays a small kiss on my lips.

"I guess we're not going to college today," I say, wrapping my arms around his back.

"No, we can go out to lunch or something if you want," he suggests.

"Sure, I need you to help me with my speech for drama," I tell him. I have to perform it on Friday, and it's Wednesday. I'll write up a draft later.

"Of course," he says, rubbing up and down the length of my arm.

"Jason!" A woman's voice shouts up the stairs. Shit. I forgot I was in Jason's house, and now his parents are back.

"Coming!" He shouts back. He stands up and pulls me up with him, "ready to meet the family?"

I look down at my shorts, and vest top, probably not the most appropriate thing to meet your boyfriend's family in.

"Uh, throw my tracksuit bottoms on," he says, getting them out of his closet and putting them in my hands. I pull them on and adjust my top so none of my cleavage is showing. He takes my hand and I follow him down the spiral staircase to the kitchen. I never really got to look at the house last night but it's really nice. Jason's room is like any other teenage boys, blue wallpaper and a blue duvet set. Everything else is quite plain. However, the rest of the house was very modern. The walls were black and white and it all seemed so clean, untouched. The tiles on the floor were black and shiny. The child inside of me wants to slide up and down the hall, however I don't want a bad first impression so I contain my excitement.

We walk in the kitchen and Jason puts his hand on my lower back.

"Mom, John, Alice, this is my girlfriend, Lana," Jason says, and they all smile at me.

"Hello, Lana, I'm Jason's mum, call me Rachel," she smiles and gets up from her seat at the shiny black counter to hug me. She's slightly shorter than me, she's blonde and petite. She looks really young to have a 17 year old son, and John looks a lot older than her. She wraps her small arms around me in a quick embrace, before taking her seat and getting back to her newspaper.

"I'm John, Jason's stepdad," he says with a smile. John is a larger person, a beer belly tucked into his jeans. He's balding and definitely in his late forties, a few wrinkles here and there on his face.

"That's my dad, not Jason's dad though," Alice, Jason's sister tells me. I'd already met her yesterday and she's a sweet girl, wise beyond her years. She has a smart mouth and definitely speaks for herself.

"Mom, we're going to head to Lana's for the day, we will be back later," Jason tells his mum.

-

"Thanks for lunch," I say as we climb into my car, Jason driving.

"That's okay babygirl," my best flutters at the nickname. I've never been called that and it makes me feel special.

"You're so cute," I say, rapidly tapping people's snapchat stories to get the notification away.

"I'm going to go to Drew's for an hour or two, is that okay?" He says, turning onto the main road.

"Yeah, I'll write up my speech while you're there and you can check it over for me when you get back," I suggest.

"That sounds good."

"When's your birthday?" I ask him.

"Christmas Day," he tells me.

"That's so cool, I'm getting you double presents," I say with a smile and he clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

"Nooo, don't," he says and pouts.

"Shh, yes I am."

"On my last birthday my mum got me one present for my birthday and one for Christmas."

"Ha," I say and stick my tongue out and he notices in the rear view mirror, swatting my thigh.

"You look hot in my bottoms," he says, squeezing my thigh.

"Shut up, no I don't."

"You do, now hush and don't say anything," he says and we stay silent for a while, only the sound of him pressing pedals down can be heard, no radio or anything.

"Attention level; low," I say and poke his cheek.

"Concentrating level; high," he retaliates.

"Meanie," I say and pout, crossing my arms over my chest.

"That makes your cleavage look fucking amazing," he says, taking a quick glance before I put my arms back on my legs.

"You are so dirty minded," I tell him.

"Yet we've only fucked once," he reminds me.

"That was nearly a month ago."

"Times flies when you're in love," he says and I blink rapidly.

"Did you just say what I think you said?" I ask him, staring. He pulls up outside my apartment block and stares right back at me.

"Yes, Lana. You heard me. I am in love with you," he says and cups my cheek, rubbing his thumb against my lip.

"I love you, Jason," I say, meaning it.

"I love you, Lana."

AUTHORS NOTE

Awwww my babies said those words. Ah. I'm sorry for no update yesterday, I got really busy and stuff so ye (: to make it up to you I'll be updating again later when I get home, so you still have the same amount of chapterssss

I really appreciate every comment! They make me so happy and make me want to write even more.
I honestly wish I had enough time in the day to write non stop, it makes me so happy. If you guys have any ideas on what Jason should do for Lana's birthday please let me know! I'm stuck for ideas :(
Love you all ❤️