Chapter 39.

I wake up alone, rain hitting hard against the windows. My sight is still fuzzy as my eyes flutter open, but I manage to see clear enough to grab my phone and check the time. 8:09. Shortly after putting my phone down, it begins to ring. I lazily reach back over and retrieve it, checking the ID. Jason.

"Hello?" I say down the line, bringing the object up and against my ear.

"Hey," he says.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Would you like to go out for breakfast?" He asks.

"Whyyy?" I groan, dragging my letters out.

"Becauseeee," he mimics, "I'm trying to get everything right with you, and start this all over. So breakfast, yes?"

"Fineee," I drag the word out once again.

"I'll be there in ten. We're going in our pyjamas," he says and I giggle.

"Fine," I say and hang up. I quickly get up, stretching my arms high above my head, relieving my body. I stand on my feet and walk over to my dresser, grabbing a hairbrush and running it through my black hair, rearranging my bangs and lightly hair spraying it in place.

Soon after I set the hairbrush back down, there is a knock at my door. I grab a hoodie off the back of my bedroom door, slipping it over my arms and untucking my hair from it. I grab my black converse in my hands before quickly running down the hall, through the front room and to the front door.

I pull the front door and Jason is standing on the other side of it. "Hey," I say, reaching down to pull my converse over my feet quickly, Jason's eyes following my body down.

"I was wondering where that hoodie went," he says and I giggle, standing back up to face him. I reach and grab my door keys from the small shelf situated by the door, stepping out into the hall and pulling the door closed behind me.

"Where are you taking me then?" I ask as me and Jason both lean on either side of the elevator shaft, waiting for it to come up to my floor.

"I was thinking IHOP," he says and I clap my hands together as the elevator dings, letting us know it's here. We both step inside and I press the ground floor button.

-

"Thank you for that, I really appreciate it," I say as we get to my door.

"That's okay," he says, sliding his hands into his tight pockets on his skinny jeans.

"You wanna come inside?" I ask and he nods. I grab my keys out of my pocket, pushing them into the hole and twisting them, unlocking the door. We both step inside, Jason following me into the front room. I swiftly take a seat on the leather sofa, shivering as I make contact with the cold material.

"Have you decided yet?" He asks, taking a seat at the other end of the sofa.

"On what?" I ask.

"Us," he says, turning to face me.

"I still want to be with you," I admit.

"And so do I," he says.

"No more lies."

"No more lies," he repeats and we both smile. He scoots closer to me and puts his arm around me. I rest my head on his chest, following it's up and down movement.

"I've missed this," I say.

"I have too, I hate being without you," he says.

"Tell me a story," I say, shifting myself so I am still laying on his chest but my legs are now dangling over his.

"What do you want to know?"

"Tell me the story of your first kiss," I say, curious.

"It was when I was eleven, I got dared to run up to this blonde girl and kiss her so I did," he tells me, "nothing special. How about yours?"

I giggle, "sort of the same thing, some guy just ran up to me and kissed me when I was like twelve."

"We have more in common than I would've once anticipated," he says and I giggle.

"Me too."

"Do you wanna know something?" He asks.

"Go on," I say.

"It was me who asked Drew to come up to you and talk to you on your first day," he says and my mouth opens widely, "I was too nervous to talk to you so I got Drew to do it instead. Glad I did."

"Wow, imagine he never went through with it," I say, shocked at the many possibilities.

"We wouldn't be here right now," he says.

"I know, we would've never ended up sleeping together that day," I say and we both giggle at my drunken decision.

"We wouldn't have gone to IHOP this morning," he says.

"Imagine, right," I say, sitting up and releasing myself from his grip around my shoulders so I can let my nerdy brain take over, "there's a universe where you never asked Drew to say that. There's a universe where he did invite me but I declined. There's a universe where we ended up never falling in love. It makes me grateful to be here, in this universe."

"I am too."

AUTHORS NOTE

• I was just watching a bunch of Shane Dawson conspiracy theory videos and omg I'm so spooked tbh that's why I put the universe part in, it's kinda cute tho.

•I'm going to start a book review book! I'm really interested in being a critique so I'm gonna start it up. Head over to the book if you have a book you want to be reviewed, I'm about to publish it. I need new books to read anyway so yeeee ((: