Prologue

"Alpha."

A loud deep voice booms from the open doorway of my office, pulling my attention from the paperwork in front of me. My Amber eyes track towards the sound-source, where a tall muscular man bows slightly, his brown shaggy hair long enough to touch the scruff of his neck. His tall body still bent at the waist, shows no indication of who it is. If it wasn't for the tell tale sign of the varying grey hairs streaking at the corners of his ears I would've mistaken him for his son, Mac.

He straightens before catching my eyes, his light blue eyes a very startling color against his slightly dark caramel skin tone. Mekiah stands at 6'3, his tall and muscular body built to perfection for a werewolf, especially one with his position within the Sinclair Pack.

His easy grin gives way as we continue to stare at each other in mock seriousness. "Kiah, what is that you need you old man?" I say with a grin making a loud boisterous laugh fill the once quiet office. He steps in, his grin still in tact, "Your throwing that insult at the wrong person Kieran" he quips with ease before folding his bulk of a body into the large sized chair in front of my desk. 

"I had a message delivered today, Pack Law are due in tomorrow around the afternoon. They have something great they need to discuss with you. They have also requested my presence within this upcoming meeting as well Kieran."

I lean forward, my hulking arms straining against the seams of my white shirt almost tearing the thread. I wince making Mekiah raise an eyebrow in confusion before casting a look at my shirt. He doesn't waste any time in addressing the matter in his own way. "You poor bastard" he says accusingly before his loud chuckles fill the room once again. I sit back in the leather seat before groaning slightly as it strains against my chest. "That kid seems to have selective hearing, I swear" I mutter under my breath making Kiah laugh louder.

I throw a pen at him, hitting him in the middle of his forehead as he continues to chuckle. "Kade threw your clothes back into the dryer I would say?" He says as he comes back down, his breathing slightly erratic. "I'm just lucky he didn't put my pants in this time" I say with a grin. Kiah chuckles before leaning forward his eyes casting a wistful look, "Who would've thought. The big bad wolf, now settled down. Happily married with four big strapping boys." With a snort he continues, "Not to mention the third oldest who just loves to shrink his father's clothes for the sake of it" I chuckle with him this time, as a burst of happiness erupts within.

Nothing but happiness and a big sense of satisfaction and a whooping sense of proud is felt within at how life has turned about for me. Becoming Alpha at twenty one with a poor excuse of a father and an alcoholic for a mother my life was far from perfect. 

I was an aggressive asshole in my teens, following in the footsteps of my parent's. Loving the attention of the she-wolfs, basking in their affections until I was done with them. Alcohol was another one of my loves. That was until, a certain brown haired spitfire managed to appear into my life, changing everything like knocking me on my ass. Literally.

Katelyn Reynolds was the most difficult, stubborn and strong headed woman I have ever come across. But from the moment she threw her drink in my face at a friend's party I knew then and there that she was mine. And that hasn't changed ever since, thirty four years and going strong to be exact and I still love her fiercely and possessively as the day I first saw her. "I didn't think it would have ended up like this either, but it did and I owe that to non other than my beautiful wife and mate." I say with a smile.

Kiah groans, "Okay old fella, back to the topic at hand" I chuckle before folding my arms across my chest only to wince again as something tears. Pulling my arms back down I face Mekiah, "When and where?" He stands, "We have to leave tonight to make the meeting tomorrow morning. The Pack Law are holding it in an office on their northern territories." I nod before leaning back onto my seat. "Consider it done, alert the pack for a meeting before we leave" I say before watching him disappear outside the door, leaving me in my own little world.