Chapter Twenty-Four

Unedited

Lina

Conciousness.

Warmth and Content.

Thats how I feel at the moment. I breathe in deeply, my lips lifting in a smile as I run my hand through the sheets beside me, hoping to slide my fingers up a hard muscular chest. My eyes open in disappointment as my fingers come across nothing but the cold white comforter. My lips pull down in a frown as I sit up slightly. Turning behind me, I flush softly.

Sitting right behind me is a bouquet of red and white roses. Placed right in front of it is a piece of paper folded in half, the top with my name on it, in what seems to be Kane's handwriting. Sitting up, with my knees tucked under me I scoot closer to the beautiful bouquet. Picking them up, I place them in my lap and open the letter.

Lina,

I apologise for not being there when you wake. Today's a big day for the both of us and as your mate and soon to be husband I needed to make sure everything was ready and perfect. I decided red and white roses were appropriate, since red represents the intense and powerful love I have for you. As for the white, I find it fitting since tonight I will be the first and last man to take your beautiful innocence.

I'm not good at these romantic gestures and all, but I'll definitely try my damn best to please you.

Make sure you eat breakfast. I'll see you soon baby, Miss you already.

I love you

Your future husband.

I grip the note close to my chest, my heart beating overtime to the point im scared it'll pop out of its rightful place. A crazy grin is etched upon my lips, a blush covering my whole face. I couldn't thank the moon goddess enough for making Kane my mate. Looking back down at the roses, I bite my lip softly, tingles of anticipation and excitement running down my spine as I remember the significance for the white roses. A loud knock is heard behind the door making me jump in slight shock. Scooting back under the covers since im only in Kane's large shirt and panties I quickly brush the crazy curls out of my face before yelling out for the person to come in.

Rux opens the door just as a girl with brown straight hair walks in, a large breakfast tray in her hands. She smiles at me warmly, her brown eyes taking me in as I do her. She's wearing a light blue t-shirt and white jean skirt that reaches the tops of her knees. She bows before moving forward, "Luna. I'm Evelyn, the Alpha has left me strict orders to assist you with anything you may need to prepare for your mating ceremony."

She places the tray beside me, her smile becoming a grin as her eyes catch sight of the roses and letter in my lap. I smile, "Thank you Evelyn. Please have a seat" She smiles before sitting at the foot of the bed. Turning quickly to Rux, I smile. He nods, his lips tilting in greeting before closing the door. Moving back, I face Evelyn. She nods towards the tray, "Mrs. B made you breakfast, its porridge and toast. She put some fresh fruit in the bowl beside it and a glass of Orange Juice" I nod, my tummy already mumbling in hunger. I take a piece of pineapple and pop it into my mouth, turning towards Evelyn I raise a brow, "Have you eaten yet?" she nods in agreement before standing to open the blinds in the room. My eyes widen at the sight when the blinds open and lift, right in front of the bed is a large floor to ceiling window. And right outside the window is a small balcony, with a view of greenary and forrest.