Chapter Nineteen

*Drum roll please* Introducing, The one and only Alphaaaaaa- Kane Sinclair.

~*~

Unedited

Kane

I hold up a hand as Mac and Rex come barrelling in behind me. I stare into familiar hazel eyes similar to my mates. Vane Greyson's piercing gaze assesses my form, from top to bottom.

I growl lowly, my fists clenching tightly against my sides. It takes everything in me not to clock him from taking her from me, but I manage to hold on to my temper just by an inch. His tall form is similar to Vince's, however his shoulders and arms are much more muscled. His black inky hair is slightly grey at the temples, the ends curled behind his ears.

He clicks the safety on, before pulling the gun back and placing it into the back of his jeans. He eyes the two behind me and signals them to step outside with a tip of his chin. Mac growls lowly, his eyes showing defiance at another Alpha's commands.

I hold up a hand, signalling to Mac to leave but to stay close by. As soon as the door closes, I straighten and head to Lina's bedside. I don't bother to keep my eyes on her father, if he wanted me dead, he would have done it already.

I slide my fingers against the side of her face, warm tingles running through my arm at the first contact. Bending down I press a kiss against her forehead, losing my composure for just a slight second as she nuzzles into me.

"What is the meaning of this Vane?" I question him as I lean back, my eyes on her the entire time. I hear him shuffle forward, until I see his jean clad legs on the other side of Lina's bed. He watches me closely for a couple minutes before answering. "When did you imprint?" I pull back from her and take the seat behind me. She whimpers at the loss of contact making my wolf growl lowly, I thread my fingers with her hand laying right in front of me hoping to calm her some.

"She imprinted on me." I say back quietly. My mind playing the memory back like as if it were yesterday. "Even with her wolf dormant she managed to imprint on me" His hazel eyes continue to watch me, his facial expression impassive. "Does she know what you are?" I nod, my eyes still on her.

"Did you hurt my daughter Kane?" My eyes find his immediately, letting him see nothing but the truth. "Not intentionally. We had a misunderstanding"

He continues to watch me before turning to look down at Lina. "As you should know it is said that the Alphas daughter is most likely to mate with the son of my Beta"

I turn towards him fully now, my hackles rising at his words. "She was promised to the son of my beta" I surge to my feet in an instant, the chair toppling back with a loud thud. My lips curl back with a snarl, "Void it, she's found her mate" I growl lowly.

He stands and presses a kiss against her forehead. Turning towards me he rolls his neck before answering, "That's for her to decide." I growl lowly, my hands fisting at my sides.

This man was fucking insane, borderline stupid as shit if he thought I would stand back and let my Lina be with someone other than me. I feel the familiar heat curl within me as a flash of white hot desire shoots through me.

"Kane."

My eyes are on hers in an instant. She watches me closely her eyes weary as she continues to soothe a hand on my tense arm. I heave out a loud breath before moving back to her bedside. Not giving a damn about her father being in the same room, I grip the side of her face and press my lips against her own.