Chapter Twenty-Three

Unedited.

Lina

I find myself awaken at some point in Kanes arms. He speaks rapidly, my brain still in a sleep crazed haze as I blink slowly. He pauses briefly, noticing as I move against him. He presses a kiss against my forehead, making sure to nip my bottom lip before continuing on with his conversation as I snuggle into him more. With a contented sigh I let the sleep take over me as his husky deep voice slowly fades into nothingness.

~*~*~*~*~

Kane

I growl lowly, my jaw clenching as I clutch on to Lina, hoping her nearness will help calm me some. "You better have your ass on the couch by the time I get home Kaden, I swear to the Moon or I will finish what those pups started" I growl lowly, my anger taking over momentarily as I hold her body tighter. I grip the phone tighter as Rux pulls up the driveway, signalling that we have reached home. I had just finally relaxed once we touched down, my wolf at ease for finally being back home and in my territory. But that shit all went out the window when I get a call from Knox about our little brother getting into a brawl before he's due back to school.

I didn't have a problem with Kade having fights per say, but with him attending Alpha school right now, he knew better. He attends that damn school to keep his anger management in check, regardless if little shits like Axel decide to mess with him. I growl lowly, That boy needs to understand that all actions come with consequences too damn it! I curl Lina's soft warm body into my chest once more, pressing a kiss against her moist lips. She groans softly, her lips pressing against my own before burrowing into my neck once more. I smile softly, my heart fucking full with love for her.

Rux opens the door once were in front, Mac and Vince are following behind us as we approach the front door. I gather Lina into my arms as our butler Gerald opens the door for me, welcoming us back home in the process. I smile in thanks before nodding to Rux and Mac to bring our bags in.

Walking through the hall, I find Mrs. B fussing over Kade who's lip and cheeks are currently busted and swollen. "I'll deal with you soon" I yell out once as I walk up the stairs to our room, Kade winces his head hanging slightly, as Kase runs after me up the stairs.

Placing Lina on top of the plush white covers, I grab a blanket and cover her bottom half. Turning towards the youngest Sinclair, I grip his little body into my hands and lift. He giggles softly before pushing at my head as he moves to look behind me. I press my finger against my lips in warning and he smiles nodding in the process. Moving back towards Lina, I pres a quick kiss against her lips before lifting Kase into my arms as I move and close the door behind me. Nodding towards Rux as he stands guard outside the door.

"I missed her Kane" I look down at him as he slides down my body, his little hand holding my big paw as we walk down the stairs. I swallow the thickness building in my throat at being away from her for that short period of time and smile softly down at him. Messing his hair up slightly, I pout down at him. "What about me?" He chuckles loudly, "Yeah you too" I grin before lifting him down the last step.

Making it back into the living room I hug Mrs. B and turn towards Kade, I nod waiting for him to explain. He huffs, "Axel said something stupid. I shouldn't have reacted but he pushed my buttons. I went apeshit and then his pussy ass friends jumped in. Ryan and Ace weren't gonna just stand there either" he sighs before leaning back further into the couch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fuck up. I know I'll be punished-" I cut him off with a look. "Once the council hear of this, your damn right your gonna get punished, you might as well, unpack your bags because the way I see it, you're probably already suspended". He sighs heavily his elbows hanging loosely against his knees. Kase plops himself right next to Kade, his fist held out waiting for a fist bump. Kade chuckles softly, before connecting his own fist letting his arm wrap around him in one movement.