Chapter Thirty- Two

Unedited

Lina

I've never ever thought I'd be in this predicament, but yet again reality has proven that wrong, on numerous situations.

We are currently in a large room, emphasis on large. There's a wide long table with maroon leather seats surrounding it. Seated at the front of the table is Kane, myself and his brothers, the seats next to Knox and Kade are filled with Mac and Vince.

Then followed further along towards the end of the table is Rux, Jace and various other pack members and enforcers. Mrs Anne, is seated near the end with Kase who's currently interested in the little iPad he's about to crack with his crazed tapping.

I feel my nerves calm somewhat as he curses softly at the screen, breaking the somewhat serious tension. Kade whistles towards him once, Kase looks up with an eye roll but keeps quiet. Kane stands, his tall big body taking up the head of the table.

"Thank you all for attending this meeting under short notice" He starts with a nod.

"As you have probably noticed, our Luna has accompanied me. She will be attending from here on out" He pauses facing me, his voice floating through my mind.

'Did you wanna add anything'

I shake my head in a negative. He nods and continues. "There's not much to discuss, as everything is rolling peacefully and in order. We will be having a ceremony to welcome our new pack members tomorrow so I will need you all to help with preparation"

He faces every single one of them, his voice and body commanding. "The only thing I need you all to focus on is our patrol shifts. I want our boarders and front lines to double up on shifts. I want each and every one of you on alert, for we did have a few complications up in Toronto not too long ago."

There's a low murmur of curiosity from the pack memebers, but they quickly quiet down as Kane continues.

"Vince, I want you to let the enforcers know that they now have a new training schedule. Our Luna will be taking their old time slot for now. Until she's ready, she will be training alongside them" he says facing my brother who is grinning softly.

"Knox I've trusted you've kept our books up to date with everything?" Knox nods in agreement, "Yeah but I need to run something past you later" Kane gives an affirmative before facing everyone else.

A man near the end of the table clears his throat, making Kane turn in his direction waiting for him to speak. His blue eyes find my own as he bows his head once before speaking, "I just wanted to know if the Luna will be returning to work-"

Kane cuts the man off with a firm "No" while I place a hand against his arm. He turns towards me as I face the blue eyed man, "As for now not yet, but it is a possibility-" Kane's eyes narrow warningly down at me.

I inwardly roll my eyes before continuing, "That me and Kane are discussing" I turn towards him with a look, that hopefully translates 'Not now'. Kane sighs softly and somewhat discreetly, but not too discreet as I see the grins on Vince and Knox's faces.

I slide my hand under his shirt, feeling his warm back muscles tighten as my palm makes contact with his skin. Turning back towards them, Kane asks if anyone else had anything that needed to be discussed.

Kane turns to Mac, his eyes questioning. Mac gives a subtle shake of his head a silent message I gather Kane understands. When everyone has nothing else to add, he dismisses the meeting as everyone starts to file out of the room.

He turns towards me, his hulking body folding into the large chair behind him. His amber ringed eyes narrowing as I stand. I sigh, moving his hands out of his lap, I move to straddle him. "Don't give me that look, you already knew that we weren't done discussing that" he wets his bottom lip, his big hands moving to cup my ass, pulling me in closer towards him.