Chapter Forty

Unedited

Kane

Fear.

An unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger. Something I have never been on the receiving end of, yet for the first time in my life I was witnessing what the emotion felt like firsthand.

~*~

Six hours before

"Are you going to call him today?" I look down at her eyes, her fingers tracing random shapes against my naked chest. Pressing a kiss against her forehead I nod, "You want to be present while I call?" She peeks up at me with a pensive expression, not a second later she sighs.

"No. I think I'll wait until after your done" I nod, hitching her higher on to my body. Gripping her chin, I hold her eyes with my own. "We're going to be okay, everything's going to be fine" she rolls her eyes playfully, her long lashes and rosy cheeks making her look youthful but so damn beautiful.

"I know. With you right by my side, we can take on anything." I grin, tipping her chin higher as I capture her slightly swollen lips with my own. I taste her slowly, never once getting tired of her smell, taste, everything that's uniquely her. I grip her thighs, parting them as I move her into my lap growling lowly as she slides down straight on to me, her juices making my penetration an easy and pleasurable one.

~*~

After breakfast I indulge in her lips for a little while longer, squeezing her ass in my hands as she laughs pulling away from me with a smile. I hear Iris and the girls at the door as she pulls back, she calls for them to come in.

They all file in arms loaded with grocery bags, I smile in thanks as Iris grins up at me. I mess up Eves hair as she passes me making her growl lowly in reply, facing Sarah I nod smiling softly in greeting. Facing Iris once more, I nod towards my wife. "You all know my wife is pregnant so please take care of her, I don't want her running herself dry, let her rest, make sure she eats and Eve"

I pause catching her eyes, "No funny business. I mean it, I'll have Mrs Anne deal with you if I find out you've decided to become spontaneous with my wife" she grins saucily giving me a thumbs up. The only reason they knew to begin with was because I had let Iris know the day before so she knew this wasn't a friendly visit.

Mrs Anne however is going to have my head when I see her later on today no doubt, after finding out from her niece about me and Lina expecting. No doubt she's going to smack me with a wooden spoon. With a sigh I turn back to my mate wincing at her stance and facial expression. She's got her hands pitched on her waist, a brow raised as her eyes narrow up at me.

"I'm pregnant Kane not disabled" I smile, hoping to cheese my way out of this one. "I know baby, believe me I do. Just please for the life of me, be careful" she huffs before gripping on to my shirt and pulling me in closer towards her. I immediately lean towards her height, capturing her bottom lip first before diving in to taste her fully.

Ignoring the catcalls behind us I feel her grin against my moist lips, pulling back she smirks naughtily the expression alone making me hard. "You owe me. Two orgasms" I feel my stomach clench and my cock throb, Fuck!

"You got it baby" I mind link back in reply, my body alive with heat ready to deliver on my promise. She steps away from me and turns giving me her back and I literally stand there for a while longer contemplating if I should delay the call for tomorrow instead.