Chapter Forty- Eight

Unedited

Kane

I blink up at the ceiling, contemplating. Words running though my mind in a timeless circle. I face the four men in front of me, their gazes assessing, calculating as they take in my body language.

I straighten, my gaze cutting to Angelo's dead body a few feet away from me. Knox and Vince standing to the left of him. "I came here today to seek answers" pausing I feel Mac shuffle at the back of me.

"Not just for me, but for my brothers, my pack." One of the council members eyes Angelo's dead body before speaking. "How does Alpha Williams fall into you seeking answers Alpha Sinclair?"

I watch Vince move forward, papers held in his hand. He places them on the table so each council member can assess the letters. "I can't give you full answers myself, all I can give you is what had taken place here in the past couple of weeks."

I give them a full re-count as to how the letters started coming in, remembering to state Alpha Greyson having received the same letters, although instructions were different and direct. They listen intently, gazes then moving from me to Mac who steps up to take the platform next.

"Beta Mackenzie. Please state how you manage to fall into all this." Mac's hands fist at his sides, the veins in his arms protruding slightly before relaxing as he inhales deeply.

"My- Mekiah had a gun aimed at my Alpha and his Mate. It was either them or him, my choice was made. I took him out the only way I knew how"

Lucien, Wren and Maximus all watch Mac carefully. Samson the first to speak, "You couldn't disarm him?" I tense at the question, my body heating at the  inquiry.

Mac faces him head on, "No. He was too far gone, he came here with the intention of a blood bath and he wasn't leaving unless he was the only one left standing." Licking his lips, Mac straightens to his full height.

"If I had to do it all over again. My actions will forever remain the same. I've pledged my life to Alpha Sinclair and he has pledged his life to me, to us, his pack. Not only as an Alpha but a brother. I would do the same to whoever decides to take aim at him."

I feel a loud rumble of growls circulate the room, a few of the pack enforcers as well as my Gamma and brothers agreeing to Mac's words. Lucien nods, concluding Mac's testament. Once Mac steps back to my side the double doors open, Alpha Greyson and his Beta and Gamma make their way into the open half circle.

Greyson takes the centre to state his name and testimony. "For the record, every one of my decisions were solely based on the figment that was misplaced of Alpha Sinclair mistreating my daughter. I admit I made a poor choice of having Lina taken from him, especially after they had been marked." He pauses, giving a shake of his head as he remembers the memory.

Vince is tense to the left of me, his hands clenched tightly as he watches his father speak. "If I had known then, what I know now. My actions would have been different and far less drastic. I take full responsibility for my actions. I can also vouch for Alpha Sinclair and everything that has taken place in his pack."

Samson nods, his eyes skimming through the letters that were handed to him by Alpha Greyson's Beta. "Thank you for your time. If you would let Alpha Sinclair step forward."

Vane catches my eyes as we pass, he nods once before stepping to the far left of the room. I step on to the platform once more awaiting the verdict.

Wren leans his arms against the table. His bright blue eyes on me, "You shed a lot of blood these past couple of nights Sinclair and yet you still have no answers."