Chapter Two

Lina

Pulling in to my driveway I see a familiar truck, the black Hilux belonging to non other than my big brother Vince. Parking my pride and joy, a fully restored 1970 Gran Torino. Something that was given to me for my twenty first birthday, A gift from Uncle Alex who loved restoring and updating vintage muscle cars. Cutting the engine, I bypass my books and watch as my brother slides out of his car, his navy buzz cut giving him an edge and clean cut look. His hazel brown eyes are covered with aviator shades, his broad shoulders and big arms covered in a fitted white shirt, his long legs encased in tan cargos, finishing his ensemble with black steel cap boots.

Raising a brow, I chuckle before getting out of my own car. "I thought you said you weren't going in today?" I yell as he starts over towards me. He chuckles, "I couldn't help it. Gregory had to kick me out of the fire station" I let out a laugh as he swoops in to engulf me in his hulking body, lifting my small curvy frame off the ground before placing me back down as he smacks a loud kiss against my forehead. "How was class today mija?" he asks, lifting his shades. His hazel eyes glittering in the sun behind me, slowly setting indicating the ending of the day.

I grin, "Awesome. As if it could get any better. The kids are as crazy as ever, but I love them to bits, seriously". I absolutely adore children, if I didn't I wouldn't be in my second year of teaching them. After the hard work I pulled through high school, I earnt a scholarship to head straight to university, to get a degree in what Iv'e always wanted to do, what I had a passion for, which would be, to be stuck in a small classroom with a bunch of crazy kids who love to amuse me with something different everyday.

He narrows his eyes playfully down at me, "Yeah, but you definitely won't be having any, anytime soon that is" he says firmly. I raise an eyebrow up at him, something I inherited from non other than our mother. "I'm not eighteen anymore Vin" I retort back making him growl, "Katalina Andrea Perez, I swea-" I don't even let him finish, I punch him in the stomach making him stumble back a step as he gives a loud oomph from the unexpected attack. "I'm a virgin you idiot." I huff before turning to grab my bag before locking up my car, listening to Vince mutter profanities under his breath behind me.

Unlocking my front door, I move in to the hallway, dropping both my keys in a small bowl I have on a cute circular table in a corner.Bypassing the living room, I head straight to the small homey kitchen, something that I'm proud to call mine. The kitchen is painted a soft slightly pale yellow, creating a warm happy atmosphere when the sun reflects through the large windows. A white oven is placed in between a large slab of equally white counters.

Small appliances litter the counters, a small toaster, kettle and blender. More counters take up the other side, as they circle around in an unfinished rectangle shape, a few bar-stools are left in front of the other side of the counters for people to occupy when guests are in for special occasions and such. I walk towards my fridge, to grab a bottle of water for myself and a beer for my brother. He grins as he see's the corona label, placing a kiss on my brow in thank you as I pass it over to him. Straightening he smiles sheepishly, "Glad we got that out of the way" I roll my eyes in reply.

"So, what's up?" I ask him, leaning up against the counter as he moves to take a seat in one of the bar stools. "What? You don't remember?" I rake my head for anything that I must have missed before rolling my eyes, "No, I remember" he flicks the beer bottle cap in my direction as a chuckle escapes my lips, "Were going out tonight, it's my birthday tomorrow, it's tradition" he says before taking a long sip, my mouth opens only for him to quickly add in "and you can't say no."

I stick my tongue out at him before sighing, "Yeah, yeah tradition" he chuckles before moving on, "Did you want me to pick you up or?" I shake my head, "No, I'll pick you up. Knowing you, you'll probably get wasted and catch a cab" I say before stretching, he swallows the last of his beer before nodding with a smirk.